These Chickens are just KILLING me!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by neuchicontheblock, Nov 23, 2009.

1. neuchicontheblock

neuchicontheblock Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2009
    So I'm dragging home the Thanksgiving meal makings and the big shickens rush the car, as usual, looking for a snack. I bought cat food, little bitty bites, and offerred them some. And you know what they did? They WALKED AWAY!!!! The little snots. And STILL no eggs. They are luckiy I already have the turkey for THanksgiving, but Christmas is coming.

2. digitS'

digitS' Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2007
    ID/WA border
    (For a minute there, I thought you were telling us that they had you down in yard and you couldn't get 911 on the line . . . )

You know, a roast chicken is just about the right size for today's modern families.

Steve
    [​IMG]

3. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    digitS' :

(For a minute there, I thought you were telling us that they had you down in yard and you couldn't get 911 on the line . . . )

Steve, I had the same dread as I clicked on her post!​

4. ridgefire

ridgefire Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2008
    Northern Michigan
    Hmm chickens turning down food. Now thats a new for me. My chickens eat anything. They really like eating chicken...I know it sounds so wrong but yet funny.

5. toetoe

toetoe Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2009
    Ferndale
    They are smarter then we think..Maybe they figured that big meal you bought was for them and they were put off becouse you did not invite them in for thanksgiving supper. [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. hen-thusiast

hen-thusiast Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Utah
    I hear ya. I tried to give ours some of the fancy cat food that our one cat eats (salmon and green pea). They looked at it, turned their little beaks up and walked away. [​IMG]

Maybe next time I'll try smothering it in yogurt or cottage cheese. [​IMG]

7. newhenstein castle

newhenstein castle Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    Vancouver
    Quote:Interesting. My chickens only devour home cooked meals (besides the fancy beetles and the scrumptious blades of grass they find in the yard). But dare I come out of the house with the outer leaves of my lettuce?? You should see their little tails walking away from me with the occasional side glare saying you got us up for this?!

8. MissJenny

MissJenny Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2009
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I needed a big belly laugh today! Thank you. (I thought only my dogs were this spoiled.)

Jenny

9. neuchicontheblock

neuchicontheblock Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2009
    I haven't given up yet. I have put it through the food mill to see if they'll eat it tomorrow. I must be losing my mind....

10. wordgirl

wordgirl One of the Shire-folk

Apr 14, 2009
    I should have your chickens over for a playdate. Maybe they could teach ours not to snarf up all the cat food from right beneath the cats' noses. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by