These chicks are driving me nuts!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by DawnSuiter, Mar 18, 2009.

1. DawnSuiter

DawnSuiter Chillin' With My Peeps

I hatched a few chicks last year [​IMG] so I've been around a few dozen chicks now in my short time with you.

I hatched this years first brood, so happy 100% hatch. But they are DRIVING ME CRAZY! They peep ALL the time.. it's strange and unlike any of the other chicks I've had. ALL of them! They have their warning call that they issue, its not that.. it's just like they got a piece of bug for the first time ALL THE TIME and there are no bugs!!!!

Does anyone know what I mean? Are these just STRONG and vigorous early spring chicks? They MAY BE all boys... but I've had that before too..

They seem great otherwise just giving me a headache!!!!

2. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Mine are all doing that now. I love it though [​IMG]

3. Mourningdove

Mourningdove Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2008
    Cleveland, Tn.
    I have 38 chicks in my livingroom, I know the chirping sounds well!

4. Biddieacres

Biddieacres Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    They sound very happy! Are they inside?

Last edited: Mar 18, 2009
  5. sherrydeanne

sherrydeanne Chillin' With My Peeps

I've only got 6 and let's just say that I don't have to look to see if they're sleeping. Loud little things!

6. DawnSuiter

They are in the living room as it's been freezing here almost every night still...
    Normally they are about the same distance away on the back porch.

I guess it's just the sounds of springtime then. [​IMG]

There so cute.. I should take another picture

7. Biddieacres

Biddieacres Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Before you know it, it will be warm and they will be making their noises outside. Do you have somewhere to put them outside when it warms up?

8. DawnSuiter

Quote:Oh yes, they have a home to move into.. and I can't wait! It's 77 right now, almost warm enough..and in 2 weeks they should be fully feathered... reminds me.. more protein!!!

I might move them into a dog crate in the grass for a while today.. I've GOTTA get some work done!

9. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    Tell me about it mine are in my bedroom. And they like to get up at 4am and start peeping and (just recently) trying to fly out. I have been woken up at 4 am for 4 days now. Must get outside brooder done..[​IMG]

10. CTChickenMom

CTChickenMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2009
    SE Connecticut
    I've just found out that my chicks should be here April 1! [​IMG] [​IMG] If they all survive shipment there will be 13 of them. I'm going to have to go to Agway to get 2 more, can't have 13 chicks....bad Karma! They will live in the basement until May which is actually our living room.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by