These chicks are driving me nuts!

DawnSuiter

Songster
11 Years
Jun 3, 2008
Smoky Mountains - Del Rio,TN
I hatched a few chicks last year
so I've been around a few dozen chicks now in my short time with you.

I hatched this years first brood, so happy 100% hatch. But they are DRIVING ME CRAZY! They peep ALL the time.. it's strange and unlike any of the other chicks I've had. ALL of them! They have their warning call that they issue, its not that.. it's just like they got a piece of bug for the first time ALL THE TIME and there are no bugs!!!!

Does anyone know what I mean? Are these just STRONG and vigorous early spring chicks? They MAY BE all boys... but I've had that before too..

They seem great otherwise just giving me a headache!!!!

DawnSuiter

Songster
11 Years
Jun 3, 2008
They are in the living room as it's been freezing here almost every night still...
Normally they are about the same distance away on the back porch.

I guess it's just the sounds of springtime then.

There so cute.. I should take another picture

Biddieacres

Songster
11 Years
Mar 31, 2008
Before you know it, it will be warm and they will be making their noises outside. Do you have somewhere to put them outside when it warms up?

DawnSuiter

Songster
11 Years
Jun 3, 2008
Quote:Oh yes, they have a home to move into.. and I can't wait! It's 77 right now, almost warm enough..and in 2 weeks they should be fully feathered... reminds me.. more protein!!!

I might move them into a dog crate in the grass for a while today.. I've GOTTA get some work done!

CoopCrazy

Brooder Boss
10 Years
Mar 3, 2009
Columbus,IN
Tell me about it mine are in my bedroom. And they like to get up at 4am and start peeping and (just recently) trying to fly out. I have been woken up at 4 am for 4 days now. Must get outside brooder done..

CTChickenMom

Songster
11 Years
Jan 5, 2009
SE Connecticut
I've just found out that my chicks should be here April 1!
If they all survive shipment there will be 13 of them. I'm going to have to go to Agway to get 2 more, can't have 13 chicks....bad Karma! They will live in the basement until May which is actually our living room.

Last edited:

Top Bottom