These chicks are making me wanna cry...

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by thndrdancr, Sep 11, 2007.

1. thndrdancr

thndrdancr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    I really love Lily, but she really doesnt like the lil showgirl baby and wont let her sleep next to her. (Thats due to the dunce's repeated pecking yesterday, her own fault but still I feel sorry for the lil idjit).

This is the second night they are together and Lily is sleeping on one end, and the lil showgirl baby on the other end. The lil one keeps trying to lay next to Lily, and Lily gets up and moves. Lily finally went to lay in the cool part of the box, and now as I am typing this, the lil baby keeps looking longingly over at Lily, and trying to sleep, and Lily is fast asleep on the other side. They are just breaking my heart here...

Jill [​IMG]

2. barg

barg Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Poor babies [​IMG]
    I'm sure they will get better, when theyt get older you can turn the temp down on em, that'll make em wana sit together [​IMG]
    I think.

3. peepkeeper

peepkeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2007
    upstate New York
    Chilly weather is coming, and it makes for strange bedfellows. They'll get along eventually.

4. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Awwww, poor little showgirl. MEAN little lilly!! LOL
    I DO hope they learn to get along....im sure they will soon. If ya only had ONE more chick! LOL ( of course, thats how the addiction goes)

5. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    I'm wondering if a little stuffed animal would help? Karen

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by