These chicks!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by kryptoniteqhs, Feb 7, 2009.

1. kryptoniteqhs

kryptoniteqhs Rosecomb Rich

Nov 14, 2008
    Perris, CA
    I have 8 chicks in my basement (RIR, SPW, BJG). Theyre about 3-4 weeks old. I put their poo that I clean up in plastic baggies. I left 2 full bags down there that I forgot to put in the garbage. I went downstairs to see if they needed anything a few minutes ago and they had gotten out of the brooder, ripped open both bags, and spread their poo ALL OVER the basement!

2. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    What is it with chickens and bags? Mine go nuts for plastic bags and attack them!

3. kryptoniteqhs

Nov 14, 2008
    Perris, CA
    lol i dont know....and they found styrofoam that i didnt even know existed lol...i had just swept down there too....they had been getting out, so poo on the basement floor was nothing new, but when i went down there i thought what in the?????? theres no way they pooed that much in just a couple hours! and of course when i got down there and discovered it they were all in their brooder like nothing happened! [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    [​IMG] Im sorry to laugh. But this just hasnt been your week has it.

5. kryptoniteqhs

Nov 14, 2008
    Perris, CA
    no lol....not at all.....on top of it all ive been having chest pains all night....thank God i figured out that it was heart burn (like none id ever had in my life!) and i didnt go to the ER for tums lol! i think you know everything now! yep think that sums it up! lol

6. B. Saffles Farms

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    LOL, yeah thats good, I did have heartburns t alot too, when I had my heart attack I thought it was heartburns, but pepcid, and zantac didnt help it, so I finally gave up and went to the ER. I found out why heartburn medicine didnt help.

7. kryptoniteqhs

Nov 14, 2008
    Perris, CA
    thats horrible!! i have a heart monitor on so ive pressed the symptom button at least 6 times today and before today never had to press it. im just glad it gets sent to the DRs so if theres anything thats serious or needs immediate attention i know....
    btw (last complaint i swear)! the reason ive been off for a while was my dog found the litter box and im sure you can figure out the rest.....i dont know what to do with that little turd -- ive had him for 3 years and all this is new stuff for him....

8. B. Saffles Farms

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    Well the heart monitor is good. [​IMG] I was wondering where you ran off to. Youre dog just has it in for you here lately. LOL

9. kryptoniteqhs

Nov 14, 2008
    Perris, CA
    ya well little does he know...ive got some tricks up my sleeve, so hed better watch out!!!!

10. B. Saffles Farms

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    [​IMG] he might need to go [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by