these fresh in from TSC

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Chew593, Apr 3, 2009.

1. Chew593

Chew593 Chillin' With My Peeps

just picked these up today (because I'm officially obsessed) I'm curious about the breeds?[​IMG][​IMG]

2. new-roo

new-roo Scrambled

Oct 19, 2007
    I will guess Buff orphington

and EE

3. tazzy

tazzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2008
    Kentucky
    The first might be a buff orpington, but it looks a little too dark compared to mine, at least, as seen in my avatar. (but someone else in another thread was saying that a chick of that color matched their own buff orpingtons, so who knows?!)

The second is definitely an easter egger. It looks exactly like my easter egger chicks.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2009
  4. shortcake1806

shortcake1806 Sassy McSassington

Sep 11, 2007
    I agree with the first one being BO but the second ones legs don't look like an EE to me. Could you get a front shot of her?

Last edited: Apr 3, 2009
  5. The top one looks like it may have some striping going on down the back, I believe it's a red sex link.
    Second is def. an EE.

6. new-roo

new-roo Scrambled

Oct 19, 2007
    Quote:I didn't notice the strip, but now that I have looked closer, I would like to change my vote.

7. Quote:Do you mean in color they don't look EE to you?
    True Ameracuanas are supposed to have green or olive legs I believe but Easter Eggers are different and can have any number of colorings...
    I have several 1 week old EE chicks in my brooder now that do not have green legs. [​IMG]

8. dgraves

dgraves Out Of The Brooder

Mar 28, 2009
    Rocky Mount, NC
    if your TSC gets their chicks from Privett like mine does then the first one is a golden sex link

9. shortcake1806

shortcake1806 Sassy McSassington

Sep 11, 2007
    Yeah, I was thinking the legs would be green or willow tinted on an EE.

10. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    **Not every chipmunk striped chick is an EE!**

The first one is a Golden Sexlink (Golden Comet) and the second one is a BB Red OEGB.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by