These girls are worse than a drunken prom date

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Cambium29, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Cambium29

Cambium29 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 20, 2011
    Our three bantams are "at the age" when a young girl chicken starts to fancy a mate. However, we have no rooster so they've seen fit lately to pour their attention and affection onto MY HUMAN MAN.

He can't even step into their yard without one or all of them assuming the "love me" position. He has to sneak from the house to the garage lest they spy with their chicken eye the object of their collective affections and start screaming for attention. Our little nankin flew over the 6' fence, across the yard, then landed on the corner of the roof of the house just so she could woo him.

It's embarassing really. Is this going to stop? Will their teenage hormones level out at some point or should we just get them a feathered beau of their own?

2. h_palmer

h_palmer Out Of The Brooder

Sep 1, 2011
    Queensland, Australia
    That is soooooo funny [​IMG]

3. Iheartchicks<3:)

Iheartchicks<3:) Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2010
    Mount Vernon, WA
    [​IMG] my chickens do the "love me" position too. Im a GIRL.

4. JD4570

JD4570 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh dear Lord.[​IMG] Thankfully I've got roosters , sounds like you need one!

5. h_palmer

h_palmer Out Of The Brooder

Sep 1, 2011
    Queensland, Australia
    Think they might need a rooster, keep reading your post and laughing my head off, although havent figured out the "love me" position and what it looks like as we have a rooster and two hens so he gets his fair share...[​IMG]

6. ChickenScratchin

ChickenScratchin Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2011
    Colorado
    [​IMG] Unless your man is willing to answer the call, I'd get the poor tortured souls someone who will.

7. Dowie

Dowie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    I think it's about food. It's always about food with these creatures. Does he sneak 'em treats? Is HE in fact SECRETLY WOOING THEM???

8. BigDaddy'sGurl

BigDaddy'sGurl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Wilkesboro NC
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG]

9. kfisher123

kfisher123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2011
    Verona Wisconsin
    This is probably the funniest post I've seen in a long time!! Just make sure your husband buys them dinner at least.....
    [​IMG]

10. tinychickies

tinychickies Out Of The Brooder

Aug 26, 2011
    I love the chicky loves!!! you have some competition, better tie your man down or else...... [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by