These kid's version of LOVE is enough to make you cry! Love them!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Whispering Winds, Sep 30, 2010.

1. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

+
    What Love means to a 4-8 year old .

Slow down for three minutes to read this. It is so worth it.

Touching words from the mouth of babes..

A group of professional people posed this question to a group of 4 to 8 year-olds,

'What does love mean?'

The answers they got were broader and deeper than anyone could have imagined

See what you think:

'When my grandmother got arthritis, she couldn't bend over and paint her toenails anymore. So my grandfather does
    it for her all the time, even when his hands got arthritis too. That's love.'

Rebecca- age 8

'When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different.
    You just know that your name is safe in their mouth.'

Bill y - age 4

'Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.'

Karl - age 5

'Love is when you go out to eat and give somebody most of your French fries without making them give you any of
    theirs.'

Chrissy - age 6

'Love is what makes you smile when you're tired.'

Terri - age 4

'Love is when my mommy makes coffee for my daddy and she takes a sip before giving it to him, to make sure the
    taste is OK.'

Danny - age 7

'Love is when you kiss all the time. Then when you get tired of kissing, you still want to be together and you talk
    more. My Mommy and Daddy are like that.
    They look gross when they kiss'

Emily - age 8

'Love is what's in the room with you at Christmas if you stop opening presents
    and listen.'

Bobby - age 7 (Wow!)

'If you want to learn to love better, you should start with a friend who you hate,'

Nikka - age 6
    (we need a few million more Nikka's on this planet)

'Love is when you tell a guy you like his shirt, then he wears it everyday.'

Noelle - age 7

'Love is like a little old woman and a little old man who are still friends even after they know each other so
    well.'

Tommy - age 6

'During my piano recital, I was on a stage and I was scared. I looked at all the people watching me and saw my
    daddy waving and smiling..

He was the only one doing that. I wasn't scared anymore.'

Cindy - age 8

'My mommy loves me more than anybody
    You don't see anyone else kissing me to sleep at night.'

Clare - age 6

'Love is when Mommy gives Daddy the best piece of chicken.'

Elaine-age 5

'Love is when Mommy sees Daddy smelly and sweaty and still says he is handsomer than Robert Redford.'

Chris - age 7

'Love is when your puppy licks your face even after you left him alone all day.'

Mary Ann - age 4

'I know my older sister loves me because she gives me all her old clothes and has to go out and buy new ones.'

Lauren - age 4

'When you love somebody, your eyelashes go up and down and little stars come out of you.' (what an image)

Karen - age 7

'Love is when Mommy sees Daddy on the toilet and she doesn't think it's gross.'

Mark - age 6

'You really shouldn't say 'I love you' unless you mean it. But if you mean it, you should say it a lot. People
    forget.'

Jessica - age 8
    And the final one

The winner was a four year old child whose next door neighbor was an elderly gentleman who had recently lost his
    wife.

Upon seeing the man cry, the little boy went into the old gentleman's yard, climbed onto his lap, and just sat
    there.

When his Mother asked what he had said to the neighbor, the little boy said,

'Nothing, I just helped him cry'

2. Sootsie

Sootsie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2010
    kids lol its all so simple for them, wish it could stay that way. but the winner brought a lump to my throat, so innocent, so simple so touching

Last edited: Sep 30, 2010
  3. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Tommy, age 6, and I are in complete agreement. Oh lucky me.

4. acid_chipmunk

acid_chipmunk Polish Silkies d'Uccles O my!

Mar 29, 2010
    I have read this many times, as I have it saved in my email, but the last one chokes me up every time!

5. Louieandthecrew

Louieandthecrew I am actually a female!

Awwww!

6. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Don't Panic

Aug 13, 2007
    North/Central Florida
    Quote:This one made me laugh.

I could hear my daughter's voice...

7. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    love it [​IMG]

8. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

OR... OUR family's versions... and/or random ones that just popped into my head...

Memaw does NOT lie, period. SHE doesn't dye her hair... Pepaw does. [​IMG]

Love is Papa telling the grands that his lost leg is the last time he made Granny mad.

Love is putting up with a card catalog in your living room.

Love is when you know that she could squish the bug but you do it anyways so she doesn't have to hear the crunch. [​IMG]

Love is wearing the ring out of the bubble machine even when it turns your finger green.

Love is knowing to hold the pickles, and making sure you BOTH have onions.

Love is giving a hug no matter how sweaty he is when he walks in the door just because you missed him.

Love is cooking sauerkraut even though he's the only one who eats it and it makes the whole house smell.

Love is mom wearing the perfume dad bought her even though it makes her sneeze.

Love is two people curled up in bed reading books in the same series. *nudge WOT nudge*

Love is when his mom hears him talking about 'some girl' and just say "Uh Oh"

Love is knowing they saw your tears and not being embarrassed.

Love is not being able to sleep without the snoring and cold feet.

Love is remembering who he was, knowing who he is, and imagining how he'll be with you by his side.

Love is going out to the 30 degree garage to get a warm towel straight from the dryer for them just because...

Love is going to the store, buying, then cooking the crappy canned soup instead of your ego boosting homemade because that's what makes them feel better when they're sick.

Love is a hug when you didn't realize you needed one, but they did.

Love is when you can see your unborn children in their eyes. (that's a Bryan Adams one but I love it)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by