These little beauties was built by a woman!

kycowgirlchick

Songster
11 Years
Nov 2, 2008
Eubank ky, near Somerset
I want to show off my chicken tractors. My first 1 I wanted to be able to move around. So it had to be lite. It is the 3rd from the left or next to the last. It is 4x4 so the house will sit on a small trailor.
17983_chicken_tractor_from_front.jpg

Then my husband decided to show me how it should be done. He started on 1. Well he did get some kind of partial wall with rafters. So I finished it. I cant remember the overall size. But it is a 2 roomer. It is the 2nd from the left. You cant really see the door. This one has to be moved by a tractor. It is built on top of a skid. And boxed with some old barn lumber. Well all except a little that was finished with plywood until I get more.

I then built the 4th one. I wanted it the same dimensions as the 1st. They both house the silkies. It was built on a smaller skids and I put normal rafters on it. So it is heavier. I think 2 or 3 people could move it a little but we moved it with the tractor.
17983_silkie_tractor.jpg

Here is a picture of the inside.
17983_inside_of_silkie_house.jpg

Then there is the chick house. This was built to hold our chickies but now holds the ones that no longer needs a heat lamp.
17983_older_chick_house.jpg

Each 1 has its exclusive run.
17983_chicken_tractor_back.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom