1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

These little beauties was built by a woman!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by kycowgirlchick, Apr 4, 2009.

1. kycowgirlchick

kycowgirlchick Chillin' With My Peeps

I want to show off my chicken tractors. My first 1 I wanted to be able to move around. So it had to be lite. It is the 3rd from the left or next to the last. It is 4x4 so the house will sit on a small trailor.
    [​IMG]
    Then my husband decided to show me how it should be done. He started on 1. Well he did get some kind of partial wall with rafters. So I finished it. I cant remember the overall size. But it is a 2 roomer. It is the 2nd from the left. You cant really see the door. This one has to be moved by a tractor. It is built on top of a skid. And boxed with some old barn lumber. Well all except a little that was finished with plywood until I get more.

I then built the 4th one. I wanted it the same dimensions as the 1st. They both house the silkies. It was built on a smaller skids and I put normal rafters on it. So it is heavier. I think 2 or 3 people could move it a little but we moved it with the tractor.
    [​IMG]
    Here is a picture of the inside.
    [​IMG]
    Then there is the chick house. This was built to hold our chickies but now holds the ones that no longer needs a heat lamp.
    [​IMG]
    Each 1 has its exclusive run.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2009
  2. Omran

Omran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    looks great, very good job. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Omran

3. SpeckledHills

SpeckledHills Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2008
    Idaho/Utah
    Very cooooo-oool! Good for you! [​IMG] And your husband! [​IMG]

4. brooster

brooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2007
    northwest Ohio
    Looks good, you should paint them so they dont rot.

5. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Excellent work! It was so nice of you help him finish showing you how [​IMG]

6. kycowgirlchick

Quote:That is on my to do list. I got the paint already. Now I need the time.

7. GardeNerd

GardeNerd Chillin' With My Peeps

Fabulous!

8. kycowgirlchick

I am already needing more. I wonder if i should make some changes? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by