These little ones arrived today!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by mamaboyd, Aug 1, 2008.

1. mamaboyd

mamaboyd Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2007
    Kendal.Ontario,Canada
    Some of my ducks hatched today, yippee!!

The black ones are Swedish and the yellow ones are Campbells I think...they were my surprise eggs! I still have 2 more ducklings almost completely out of the shells and one more with pips in it. Than I have to wait another week for my Muscovy's to hatch [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Emzyyy

Emzyyy Runs with Deer

Jul 14, 2008
    Derby Kansas
    I thought campbells we're more brown than yellow? I had one for a verrrry long time and the neighbor's dog got it this yr while I was at school, came home feathers everywhere.
    Their adorable though ^_^

3. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    [​IMG]

4. shortcake1806

shortcake1806 Sassy McSassington

Sep 11, 2007
    Aww, Aren't they the cutiest little fuzzie butts?

I noticed you have a beagle/aussie in your siggie. We have one too. Is yours more beaglish or ausie like?

5. mamaboyd

Jun 6, 2007
    Kendal.Ontario,Canada
    Quote:Mine's more aussie but she has the beagle look around her eyes. She's very smart and easy to train and doesn't follow her nose everywhere like our beagle does, lol ~she loves to try and herd our animals around too [​IMG]

6. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    Cuteness [​IMG]

7. mamaboyd

Jun 6, 2007
    Kendal.Ontario,Canada
    Quote:I'm guessing they might be Campbells as they came from pale eggs and I thought they were supposed to be Muscovy's [​IMG]

If anybody else knows what they may be, please let me know as I'm new to raising ducks and have no clue!! [​IMG]

8. Alaskan

Alaskan The Frosted Flake

are they the standard Khaki Campbells? Those are solid brown...no yellow at all (I got some this summer).

But I heard that Campbells can come in other colors [​IMG] (I think).

9. mamaboyd

Jun 6, 2007
    Kendal.Ontario,Canada
    I guess I've some researching to do. The guy I got the eggs from just gathered up a bunch of eggs and mentioned Swedish, Muscovy and maybe Campbells, but he had every type of duck you could imagine there so they could be anything. I won't complain, he gave the eggs to me for free...just wish I knew what the yellow ones are. [​IMG]

10. chickenfanatic

chickenfanatic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2008
    deming new mexico
    awwwwwwwwww how cute keep them healthy and it dont matter what they are really they are adorable

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by