They all moved out today!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Invertalon, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Invertalon

Invertalon Out Of The Brooder

Apr 5, 2011
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Today I moved my four pullets out to the coop... Finally finished doing all I wanted with the coop, as far as protection goes... They should be very safe from anything! Especially at night when they are "locked"!

I have two sex-links that are appox. 8 weeks old and two white leghorns around 5.5 weeks old... They all get along great! They enjoy scratching through the grass very much, catching bugs and all that.

The first few weeks I will have a heat lamp inside the sleeping area, since lows will be in the 50's. The Reds are very feathered, but the whites probably could use another week or two before they are really full, but they look feathered... But what is the age at which you really can cut them off all-together? (not including frigid winter months or anything). Worse case, 50's at night?

I will be glad not having to deal with chicken dust every night! After a week or two in the new coop, we will start allowing them to roam around our garden area, which will be fenced completely and have a netted roof... Plenty of dirty for them. Let them get used to the new home first, though!

2. Jen4

Jen4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2008
    Munfordville, KY
    Sweet... Their gonna love it [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by