They are alive!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by DUCKGIRL89, Oct 18, 2011.

1. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Just candled my duck eggs!! :wee I have nine eggs in the bator. three pure bred rouen eggs, and six are rouen X khaki campbell mutt eggs. From what I can see there are little red veins in all the mutt eggs, but I see none in the rouen eggs? The mutt eggs were layed by khaki hens, so the shells are very light colored, so they are easy to see through. And the rouens shells are green, so is that why I cant see the veins? Thanks! BTW these are home grown eggs, and were put in on the 13th.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2011
  2. tinydancer87

tinydancer87 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2011
    SE Georgia
    Yes, it's kinda hard to see into the green shelled ones. When I am incubating runner duck eggs, the white/cream ones are easy, and I can't see a thing inside the green ones.

3. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Quote:Ok, thanks, glad to hear that, I thought they werent forming. Its wierd, the temp sky rocketed to 100 I think most of the day on day one, and they are still forming. How long have your runner eggs been in?

Last edited: Oct 18, 2011
  4. pete55

pete55 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2011
    Suffolk, UK
    Hi

Just look for an overall darkening of the green eggs but within a few days you should be able to make out an embryo. Its great that you've got some fertile ones to compare to. Our Rouens were only a year old this year but fertility was low.

Pete [​IMG]

5. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Quote:Yeah, there was a little darkness. I could see something moving, but I wasnt sure what it was I geuss its the embroy. Thanks pete!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by