They are all dying.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Casandra, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Casandra

Casandra Out Of The Brooder

Nov 2, 2011
    My quail chicks hatched about three to two days ago. i had 5 three jumbo white A&M, and two cournix quail. only one of each is left. they start acting really lethargic then they pant the we were finding them on their sides nech and legs streched out. just a few minutes ago we found one doing this a took it out. my father held it for awhile with a hand warmer in a sock under it to keep it warm. he handed him over to me and a few seconds later he started to kick around but he wouldn't lift his head, or open his eyes. he kept trying to flip over on his side and i would but him back on his bellie. finally he flipped over on his side and less than a second later he died it was literally as quick as a snape of a finger. he was one of the white a&m quail he was the first to hatch. has this happened to anyone else? what should i do tho keep them around.[​IMG]

2. mstricer

mstricer Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2009
    Ohio
    That happened to a friend of mine with some quail I hatched for them, they had to give them some sort of medication. And they stopped dying. If you still have some left you could try gatorade or chick vitamins, or just plain sugar water. But make sure they are drinking.
    Michele

3. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I don't know if Save-A-Chick would work but it is vitamins and electrolytes. Also I have used Poly-Vi-Sol WITHOUT IRON infant vitamins.

4. Casandra

Casandra Out Of The Brooder

Nov 2, 2011
    i have been feeding them boiled eggs and sugar water mixed with there normal water. but those three still dyed. their peeps were strained and raspy sounding. when they died their necks kinda looked like their neck was broken but it wasn't.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by