they are beating up my new rooster

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by misfitfarm, Jul 9, 2011.

1. misfitfarm

misfitfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2011
    Lorimor, Iowa
    I got a young rooster today and my 3 RR are beating the poop out of him and he is hiding under a shelf by himself. What do I do??????? They aren't beating up my baby ducks I put in there not sure if I did something wrong, any advice would be appreciated.
    Thank you in advance.

2. harleyjo

harleyjo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2010
    SW Iowa
    Hi, You may have to keep them separated but yet have them see each other for a few weeks. They will get used to each other but it sometimes takes a week or two. I partioned off my coop and have a small area with chicken wire that my youngsters can run and the big ones can't get to them until they are used to each other.

3. misfitfarm

misfitfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2011
    Lorimor, Iowa
    I will have to try that! We forgot that he is used to perching so he was trying so hard to fly up to something that wasn't there [​IMG] Poor boy so tomorrow alex is building coops like yours so he should be happy then. He gets along great with my younger girls its my three older hens that are just stinkers.

4. harleyjo

harleyjo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2010
    SW Iowa
    Yeah, the older ones take a little while sometimes. It will all come together! Thats why I need my whole backyard fenced off so I can partition off areas when I need to. I really wish we had a small acreage.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by