1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

They are becoming big girls!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Nikki28, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Nikki28

Nikki28 David Bowie is my co-pilot

Dec 15, 2008
    I was feeding and talking to my Red Stars this morning and along with their little baby peeps I heard a "bwaaAAACK!!!" They are 12 weeks old and I was wondering if I would ever hear an actual chicken sound from them. I thought I just had quiet chickens.

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

HAHAHAHA! Mine honked from 12 weeks to 18 weeks. and I mean HONKED.

3. Nikki28

Nikki28 David Bowie is my co-pilot

Dec 15, 2008
    Quote:[​IMG] The elusive Goosechicken! I can't wait to see what the next couple weeks will bring.

I have been trying to upload pics I got of my girls today to the computer but can't figure this whole Linux thing out.

4. apukanski

apukanski Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2008
    My WL girls will every once in a while honk. I thought it was a goose the first time I heard it. lol

5. crazyhen

crazyhen Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2008
    mtns of ,NC.
    My bo's are 12 weeks old and the first time I heard it I thought they had picked up a resp. problem LOL . Chicks are so much fun. Their peeps also sound different. jean

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by