They are big and beautiful, but what are they???

bockbock2008

Why do they call me crazy??
11 Years
Dec 30, 2008
Southwest Indiana
I bought this trio at a poultry auction last summer and didin't really think they were what they were advertised for but I liked them and bought them anyway. They were listed as cochin splashes but
idunno.gif

They all have single combs and very poorly feathered legs. But the rooster is HUGE!! And I like big birds
tongue.png

They kinda look like look like lemon blue cohins but very seriously doubt thats what they are. WHat do they look like to you??

20323_imag0026.jpg

20323_imag0025.jpg

20323_imag0024.jpg

They may be cochin crosses....what color eggs do the girls lay? I have an easter egger who looks similar. Maybe Blue cochin x Buff Orp? Or something similar. Pretty birds.

Quote:
It sounds awful, but I don't know. Unless I catch them in the act, I don't know who lays what as most of my run together unless they are seperated out for breeding.

No, I have the same problem here....unless I see one in the box laying, I have no idea who lays what.

They really just look like big mixed birds.....if their legs had no feathering, I wouldn't even guess them to be a cochin cross. As long as they're pretty and you like them.....
thumbsup.gif

They're BLR Wyandotte crosses. Cochins have a large, round rump and a single comb, plus different coloring that would pass. . .

The first looks to have a rose comb, the second almost a rose comb.

They all have a body very similar to Wyandottes, the last two are splash colored.

Back
Top Bottom