They are hatching i need a little info now

DragunzGirl

Crowing
15 Years
Aug 9, 2008
GA
Ok well 2 out of 6 have hatched all ready over night, well i noticed they have been pushing all the other eggs around, i know they dont need to be moved befor hatching but is that safe for the chicks to be pushing them around like that??

Here is a pic of the first chick
DSC00259.jpg

Thats something I was wondering too. How soon can you put them into the brooder? Sorry I can't answer your question, this is my first hatch. However this will bump it back to the top for both of us.
smile.png

Thanks, i can get them in the booder soon i guess, i thought i should not open it till they are all hatched. But there pushing the eggs around im scared they will kill the ones in the eggs.

so i should just wait, i guess i will be, i dont see any more pips on the other eggs but they rolled them around so i can't tell any way.

OH i just looked "i did not open" i see one egg going to hatch soon
big_smile.png
He had got most of the shell cracked. I did not notice it a hour ago i guess he be busy lol.

Last edited:
i'm not sure i would worry about the ones inside the eggs being killed. They move around inside the egg as they pip anyways. Nevertheless, what i have tended to do is to remove them to the brooder once two are out of the eggs. That way they have company.

But i'm sure there are others who will say to leave the top to the bator closed, as you will lose precious heat and moisture having it open for even a couple seconds. So, you will just have to use your best judgement and do what feels right to you.

Good luck with your hatch!

Thank you.

well the 3rd egg just hatched he popped right out of that egg. Now 3 more to go. If the 3 eggs are not hatched in a few more hours i might see if i can get the 3 chicks out. But for now i'll keep them in there. I have no clue what type of chicken they are any way, there still brown so i dont know.

The older chick that hatched first is pecking on the other two makeing them jump around the bator alot.

Last edited:
From the looks of all the moisture on your bator window, I would take the others out quickly and put into the brooder. Now thats just me.

Good luck with the others and congrats on those little fuzzy butts.

K, well the hum is only 69% i think, unless that thing is messed up in there.

There are 2 out of the 3 eggs that have cracked some, so them two will be out soon i hope.

Back
Top Bottom