1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

They are hatching (more)pics added

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by redneck, Jul 5, 2007.

1. redneck

redneck Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2007
    Lynchburg,Tn.
    I just got home from work this morning and found two Black Stars had hatched. There are 3 more that have pipped. I was going to get some pictures but my wife has the camera.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2007
  2. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

WOOHOO!! They are int he home made bator right? Hope they all hatch...cant waite for the pics, and updates! How many eggs do you have in there??

3. redneck

May 25, 2007
    Lynchburg,Tn.
    Yes, this is the homemade bator. I had a total of 21 eggs. I had a surprise hatch at only 4 days, that one is a RIR. What is hatching now is Black Stars. There are 9 eggs (7 now). Next Friday will be 11 RIR's.

4. aran

aran Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2007
    rochester ny
    way to go mate...i have 13 silkies in the bator now...only 4 of the original 11 are still going unfortunately. 5 were doing great but when I candled last night one of the 5 was no longer moving. THe other 4 are doing terrific though and are due july 11th...keep us updated with loads of pics mate.

aran

5. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Congrats!

6. jimnjay

jimnjay Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Bryant Alabama
    Congrats Redneck, I am proud of you with your homemade incubator. It is better by far than what you could have purchased, I am sure. Great Job.

7. redneck

May 25, 2007
    Lynchburg,Tn.
  8. redneck

May 25, 2007
    Lynchburg,Tn.
    I got for work and had two more.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. sara

sara Title Needed Here

So cute![​IMG]

10. redneck

May 25, 2007
    Lynchburg,Tn.
    I just got home this morning and 6 more had hatched. I had a 100% hatch on the Black Stars.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by