THEY ARE HATCHING (PICS)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by herechickchick, Oct 5, 2007.

1. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    Ok, this is by far the coolest think I have ever done! My eggs from Cynthia (Speckled hen) are hatching!

Something is happening

[​IMG]

Oh my god I see it! It looks like an alien? [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Where is the chick?

[​IMG]

Here it is a beautiful Blue Orpington / Buff Brahma cross.
    I HAVE A LITTLE SUEDLETTE! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4 have hatched so far and I will keep you updated on the rest! Oh and Cynthia I definitely want to do this again ASAP! I love it [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. nccatnip

nccatnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2007
    Piedmont area NC
    How many eggs did you have? Need a midwife? Speckledhen and I are going to Tenn soon, we can swing by.

3. crysmom

crysmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2007
    oh its so cute!

4. KKluckers

KKluckers Time Out

Sep 4, 2007
    Oh...congrats...so cute! I have about 11 days left till mine hatch from Cynthia, if all goes well. Keep the pictures coming. [​IMG]

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

WooHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I was hoping you were just enjoying the show and too busy to post! Four? Are any of the pure Orps hatched yet? This is great, Adam! I told you not to worry too much, didn't I? [​IMG]

6. herechickchick

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    Quote:YES of course I would LOVE that! Cynthia has my number so just give me a call.

I had 17 eggs to start with and so far 4 are out (all Caroline's). I am going home in a little while to see if anymore are making their debut

7. herechickchick

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    None of the blue's yet but I have my fingers crossed!

8. speckledhen

That's interesting that they are all Caroline's! That chick looks like a little chunk in the picture. SUMO-CHICK, LOL.

9. herechickchick

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    It is huge and the leg's are fat! He/she is so cute just runs around the brooder and cheeps all the time. This is the only one that has feathers on the leg the rest are clean. He/she also has gold down on the belly.

10. speckledhen

Wow, this will be very interesting to see with the Blue genetics and the Buff Brahma all mixed in there. Congratulations, Adam! Now, I hope we see some babies from someone else as well. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by