1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

THEY ARE HATCHING :) SHOULD I TAKE THEM OUT OR LEAVE THEM IN

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by dani2, May 11, 2008.

1. dani2

dani2 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 25, 2008
    Hi,

Well they are hatching and it is SO exciting we have 59 eggs in the incubator and the first two hatched last night there are tiny cracks in the other eggs so I know there are more on the way is it better to leave the two that already hatched in the incubator or take them out. I have NOT opened the lid at all since they started hatching but the two that are out are bumping the other eggs around quite a bit.

Pictures will be added shortly and thanks in advance for the help [​IMG] Nicki

2. newnanchic

newnanchic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2008
    Newnan, Georgia
    Leave them in!!!! Do Not OPEN that BATOR!!!!!!! They will be fine 24 hours or so in the bator .with no food or water.

3. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Don't open it. Well, unless there's like a dire need too.

Good luck with the rest of the hatch! Post pictures... everyone loves chicks...[​IMG]

4. dani2

dani2 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 25, 2008
    Well we are at 4 now and it is sure to be a exciting day here are some pictures [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I will add hopefully better pictures today it is really hard to get good pictures through the top of the incubator.

5. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Leave them in the incubator, they will be fine. Their peeping and running around should help to stimulate the other chicks to hatch. [​IMG]

6. dani2

dani2 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 25, 2008
    Well I have pretty much lost count at this point there is way to much activity to try and count but just about all the eggs have atleast a small crack so I am hopeful that by this evening we should be almost finished hatching [​IMG] Here is another picture we only have two yellow hens so I am not sure how I am ending up with so many yellows [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Trust me, they are fine...you take the chance of ruining your hatch if you open the bator.....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by