They are hatching!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by 3 NH reds, Mar 25, 2013.

1. 3 NH reds

3 NH reds Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 5, 2011
    Western Mass
    I have had bad luck hatching with an incubator before this, the temp was all over the place. My wife got me the Hova Bator 1588 for Christmas and it is holding temp perfectly. I was bad and forgot to check the humidity and it ran dry around week two and just before lock down. Hard to tell the amount of water with the egg turner in it. Yesterday was day 21 and I saw nothing moving, no piping and I just assumed I messed it up and that was that gave it 4 more days just in case. Today I went down and had 2 hatched and one breaking out! 3 of 12 eggs set is fine by me, I never did candle the eggs I just put them in. Once the 24 hour hold is up I will move them and pray my light going out and killing chicks curse is over. Twice last year once because of a GFI next was a light just went out no reason and then the power went out just to add to it.I will post some 24 hour pics of the fuzzy Jersey Giant/Ranger mix a funny mixed up color but still cute.

2. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    they don't exist unless we see pics!! [​IMG]

3. 3 NH reds

Dec 5, 2011
    Western Mass
    Witness protection program. I told em not to say a peep but did they listen.[​IMG] Waiting on # 8 now.

4. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Congrats on your hatch!

5. 3 NH reds

Dec 5, 2011
    Western Mass
    Well when they say to never give up on eggs until day 25 I now see why. I went this am to do the morning check on the new flock and when I looked in the incubator there was a new chick on day 24! Funny to see a size difference in the new one vs the ones that are two days older. Pictures were blah but I did not want to disturb them. The Hova 1588 incubator is working out well.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Becca727

Becca727 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 21, 2013
    Waiting on my first hatch in my new Hova Bator! 2 weeks left and I'm excited!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by