THEY ARE HERE!!!! I AM A MOMMA!!!! PICS ENCLOSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by chickie_momma, Sep 3, 2008.

1. chickie_momma

chickie_momma Out Of The Brooder

Aug 20, 2008
    Pics to follow-the only thing I forgot to have ready was the camera of course....they all seem to be doing well-eating and drinking...except for one...this one who i might call "big bertha" seems to be more interested in pecking the other chicks feet to eat???
    any suggestions? shes kinda mean and i dont want her to hurt anyone....

Last edited: Sep 3, 2008
  2. mamato3

mamato3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2008
    SWMissouri
    congrats on your new baby's what kind are they i thought about calling 1 of my white rocks big bertha she was so much bigger then the others when i got them a week ago know she almost blends in with the other white rock. Though my white rocks are bigger then all the other breeds i got in there.

3. chickie_momma

Aug 20, 2008
    i have 1 americauna and 4 golden buffs (red sex link)

i just ****love***** them!!! all are doing well except for "Babs" the one who is pecking feet...she is not really eating or drinking just laying under the light sleeping alot now....

here are some pics::::

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. mamato3

mamato3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2008
    SWMissouri
    i like your setup you might want to put paper towels or and old sheet down on the paper so they dont slip

5. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Quote:Baby chicks should not be on newspaper. It causes them to loose their grip, and they could become spraddle legged. I would use straw or shavings. Please get rid of the newspaper. You can use straight shavings now. I would use an old towel for tonight, and then tomorrow morning or afternoon switch them to the pine shavings.

Very cute!

6. kdcrws

kdcrws Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2008
    L.C. FL
    YEA! they r too CUTE! I have my babies in a huge rubbermaid storage tub...I put paper towels in the bottom to absorb poo and keep them sliding around. I read somwhere on here that new chicks shouldn't be directly on pine.

Congratz![​IMG]

7. SundownWaterfowl

Quote:They can be on pine. Just make sure that they are eating first. If they are eating their food, its fine.

8. kdcrws

kdcrws Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2008
    L.C. FL
    Quote:They can be on pine. Just make sure that they are eating first. If they are eating their food, its fine.

is that what the deal is? ok

9. SundownWaterfowl

is that what the deal is? ok

Yup. You just want to make sure that the chicks are eating their food, that way they wont be inclined to "taste" the shavings.

10. chickie_momma

Aug 20, 2008
    Thanks!!! I did remove the newspaper- they are eating fine and seems to know what is their food- so I just left them on the pine shavings.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by