They are HERE! Name ideas?? PHOTO ADDED

horseemom

In the Brooder
11 Years
Mar 5, 2008
Vancouver Island CANADA
Today is my birthday and when I woke my daughter up this morning I asked what day it was... CHICK DAY!! Oh well! My 3 year old Daughter informed my Son "It is Tuesday, chick day and Mom's Birthday!" Oh well I think the chicks are better than another birthday too
tongue.png

So we picked up 4 WCB Polish and 2 Buff Laced who came with a 90% they will be hens. There was a blue, but someone else claimed it
hmm.png
I am in line if they don't pick it up. They are 1 week old, and seem to have settled into the brooder well now -after a stop at Preschool/kindergarten!

They will make a wonderful addition to our "crazy hair hen house" with the silkies. I had a hard time finding any Polish in our area. When I wasn't ready there seemed to be tonnes? Just a few Silver Laced Polish and I am good... for now
wink.png

So now we need names? My son named one Buff Laced "Maple", and we have a Clara, Grace, and Dixie the rooster (Thought it was a hen?!) So looking for some names for the ladies? Polish names maybe? Anyone have any imput?

They are so cute it takes the sting out of getting older
big_smile.png

Last edited:
PolishChicksDay1Oneweekold003.jpg

Here are pictures of the little critters. They are very friendly and curious, as you can see! The one staring at the camera has funny little markings around one eye and is SO gregarious!

Oh and "Dandelion" has made the short list for a WCB!

Last edited:
My Polish grandmother's name was Irene. She was a very grand and vivacious lady, a real queen of the flock type!

The one in the far right corner looks orangish (at least in the picture). I thought maybe "Orange Julius" or just "Julius", but you're of course hoping it's a girl, so maybe just "Julie".

Back
Top Bottom