They are here... *** PIC HEAVY ***

Cetawin

Rest in Peace 1963-2021
11 Years
Mar 20, 2008
NW Kentucky
Distribution center called me and told me that a gal from my local post office just left with my ducklings. They did not put them on the regular truck, she drove down there and picked them up for me. So sweet...so about an hour I can go pick them up.

celebrate.gif

Pics later...promise!

Last edited:
wee.gif
They are here...They are all vigorous, healthy, adorable and active. They were a hit at the post office. One of the gals from my local PO drove to the distribution center to pick them up rather than them going on the truck and making all the stops. So, I get to the PO and wait for the few people in front of me (I was nervous because I could not hear them) and the line behind was about 15 people...So I get them on the counter and we open the box and see all alive and happy to see someone...but not 10 that I ordered or the 9 I expected (Holderread emailed to say they shipped but were short 1 Ancona) no there were 11 of them. Everyone had to come up and see them. hehehehe So the packing list says 6 GWH and 5 Ancona but has a +1 written beside the GWH...so it looks like I have 7 GWH and 4 Anconas...

So...here they are in their new home for the first time....Introducing, all the way from Corvalis, OR compliments of Holderread Waterfowl Preservation.......MY DUCKLINGS!
ya.gif

1Dayold.jpg

1dayoldb.jpg

1dayoldc.jpg

This little one was the first to greet me when the box opened and she/he is always watching me and snuggling up to my hand...I am in
love.gif
with all of them but this one is gonna be special I think

1dayoldd.jpg

1dayoldk.jpg

1dayoldl.jpg

1dayoldp.jpg

This Ancona has tons of Black on him/her....I cannot wait to see it all grown up

1dayoldr.jpg

A small crowd of GWH at the waterer

1dayoldu.jpg

1 Full sleepy Ancona///poor little one just could not eat anymore and just fell forward into the food sound asleep

1dayoldv.jpg

So, there they are. I am letting the rest and stuff but will take more pics after the get some rest, food and water and more rest. I am going to send an email to Holderread right now and thank them for such an awesome group, great handling and fabulous service. They sent me an email to tell me they shipped and were 1 Ancona short and asked me if I wanted a credit or a refund and they sent me an extra. My goodness...I ordered 10 and got 11 why on earth would I want a refund? Such nice people.

Last edited:
GWH = Golden Welsh Harlequins

Yes, she did the same thing last year with my chicks. She said she does not like the chicks and ducks to be in the back of the truck stopping and waiting and so forth...so she runs down there and picks them up. Benefits of a small town I guess.

Quote:
7 Yes and 4 Ancona
smile.png

Edit: Just got an email from Wanita and she said the 5th Ancona was put in at the last minute so I have 5 Ancona and 6 GWH. YAY I was questioning one of them as a fifth ancona because of markings on the feet. I have inquired about this with her and will know later for sure about that. In the first picture it is the one on the left in the back with head cocked looking at me, I thought was a fifth Ancona and now I am almost positive it is. YAY

Last edited:
I pick mine up in the morning 6 rouens and 6 muscovys. I cant waite to see them. Oh and some pheasants which i have no clue what to do with that was hubbies doings.

Starry your babies r so cute

Back
Top Bottom