They are here! Pics added

jham86

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 14, 2011
Hi all, been reading up the past few days and today i bought 13 little chicks from tsc. 10 were supposed to be red pullets, so we will see. the other 3 are some kind of yellow chicks that were straight run. got them set up for now but think i need a bigger brooder, using a old fish tank atm that they will outgrow quick! These are my first chickens so im excited!

Last edited:
YAY! Im awaiting mine due next month!!
smile.png
Good luck with them!

I dont know when in May they will come, should find out the next day or two. Just waiting for THAT news is driving me nuts! I really, really hope I get a ship date of early May!
fl.gif

Good luck to you too!
smile.png

As soon as my post count is up a little more I will be able to add some pics, anyone know what the magic number is? I have already moved them to a bigger container as the fish tank kept getting smaller every time I looked at it. another quick question, I have read to put the feeder and waterer on blocks but the only blocks I have right now are treated. Is there anything that could happen using treated lumber to put the feed on? Im assuming not because a coop would be made using treated, just want to make sure

Im not so much organic as I am non-GMO. My food comes from animals and plants not from a lab! got some chick starter to start with but when I buy again going to do my best to stay with non-gmo feeds

86626_129.jpg

Will try to get some individual shots and better pics tomorrow but this is the only one I have so far

Back
Top Bottom