1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

They are here! Pics added

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by jham86, Apr 14, 2011.

1. jham86

jham86 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 14, 2011
    Hi all, been reading up the past few days and today i bought 13 little chicks from tsc. 10 were supposed to be red pullets, so we will see. the other 3 are some kind of yellow chicks that were straight run. got them set up for now but think i need a bigger brooder, using a old fish tank atm that they will outgrow quick! These are my first chickens so im excited!

Last edited: Apr 15, 2011
  2. MydearWatson

MydearWatson Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2010
    CT
    YAY! Im awaiting mine due next month!! [​IMG] Good luck with them!

3. CCourson05

CCourson05 Popping like kettle corn...

Jan 5, 2011
    Hickory Flat, MS
    Let's see pics!! [​IMG]

4. MydearWatson

Sep 20, 2010
    CT
    Quote:YES! Lets see 'em! [​IMG]

5. QualityPolish

QualityPolish Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2011
    Utah
    Quote:Same here, mine are due at the very end of May. So much WAITING [​IMG]

But anyways, congratz!

6. MydearWatson

Sep 20, 2010
    CT
    I dont know when in May they will come, should find out the next day or two. Just waiting for THAT news is driving me nuts! I really, really hope I get a ship date of early May! [​IMG]

Good luck to you too! [​IMG]

7. jham86

Apr 14, 2011
    As soon as my post count is up a little more I will be able to add some pics, anyone know what the magic number is? I have already moved them to a bigger container as the fish tank kept getting smaller every time I looked at it. another quick question, I have read to put the feeder and waterer on blocks but the only blocks I have right now are treated. Is there anything that could happen using treated lumber to put the feed on? Im assuming not because a coop would be made using treated, just want to make sure

8. OkChickens

OkChickens Orpingtons Are Us

Dec 1, 2010
    Owasso, Oklahoma
    Treated wood is fine as long as you are not "Organic". Some wood in my coop is treated and they are fine!

Nate

9. jham86

Apr 14, 2011
    Im not so much organic as I am non-GMO. My food comes from animals and plants not from a lab! got some chick starter to start with but when I buy again going to do my best to stay with non-gmo feeds

10. jham86

Apr 14, 2011
    [​IMG]

Will try to get some individual shots and better pics tomorrow but this is the only one I have so far

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by