They are here (PICS)...More PICS I can't help myself CUTENESS Alert

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by 4hooves&featheredfriends, May 14, 2009.

1. 4hooves&featheredfriends

4hooves&featheredfriends Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2009
    New Hampshire
    [​IMG] My beautiful, little blueys are here. They arrived yesterday but I wasn't able to get to the feed store before it closed, so I picked them up this morning. Then had to run right away to teach.....so without further ado....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hey it is my turn now,

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 15, 2009
  2. chickenwhisperer123

chickenwhisperer123 Whispers Loudly

Mar 7, 2009
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    I want one!! [​IMG]

3. bnward5

bnward5 Out Of The Brooder

May 11, 2009
    Trinidad Co
    yay I just got a blue and black yesterday, the blue is my favorite with it's eyeliner look. I have to work very hard not to over handle them always wanting to pick the lil cotton balls with beaks up a just squeeze them they are so darn cute. Congrats

4. TheDuckCrew

TheDuckCrew Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    awww! they are adorable!!

5. 4hooves&featheredfriends

Jan 5, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Thank you all. Right now they are taking turns in the "tub" or all trying to get into it. They have discovered the crumbles and are chowing down. One looked a little chilled so I put her in my fleecy with me and she squirmed up to my shoulder and fell asleep in my hair.

This is the second batch I raised this year - the first were in with chicks for the first few weeks, so they didn't get a "tub" like these babies. This group jumped in it within minutes! I am afraid they might get waterlogged [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The DuckCrew - in light of your recent loss of your loved duckies. I would be honored if you would name one of my babies.

6. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

what little cuties!! [​IMG]

7. TheDuckCrew

TheDuckCrew Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    4hooves&featheredfriends :

Thank you all. Right now they are taking turns in the "tub" or all trying to get into it. They have discovered the crumbles and are chowing down. One looked a little chilled so I put her in my fleecy with me and she squirmed up to my shoulder and fell asleep in my hair.

This is the second batch I raised this year - the first were in with chicks for the first few weeks, so they didn't get a "tub" like these babies. This group jumped in it within minutes! I am afraid they might get waterlogged [​IMG]

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z279/3HorseGal/P5130001-2.jpg

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z279/3HorseGal/P5130002-1.jpg

The DuckCrew - in light of your recent loss of your loved duckies. I would be honored if you would name one of my babies.

aww. you are too kind. i guess i'll start thinking of a nice name for one of the adorable cuties.

just a question, what kind of bedding is that? i'm trying to make a fort knox and need some ideas on cheap bedding.​

8. 4hooves&featheredfriends

Jan 5, 2009
    New Hampshire
    just a question, what kind of bedding is that? i'm trying to make a fort knox and need some ideas on cheap bedding.

The bedding is pine shavings. - in my big coop I use a deep litter method of pine shavings. I don't think it is all that inexpensive but 2 bags in a 5x18 area should last me about 4 months. $5.95/bag. I imagine in relationship to other beddings it is reasonable.[​IMG]

9. chickensioux

chickensioux Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!

10. NewHopePoultry

NewHopePoultry Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2007
    Troy,Missouri
    Cute!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by