They are here! They are finally here! :D *pic heavy*

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Kimchi, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Kimchi

Kimchi Out Of The Brooder

Apr 10, 2010
    Utah
    yes! Monday I went up and got my silkie babies. Five of them, Two black two white and one "red" I think she's a partridge though. . . . [​IMG]
    But I got them. My first silkies, ohhhh I'm in so much love right now! The black are a week older, but that's ok. So tiny! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I was worried about keeping them warm, but we had trouble keeping them cool! I had them in a tub with a towel and a hot water bottle. They started to pant, took the hot water bottle out. Then the extra towel. THEN had them on the floor between my feet. Then They settled down And slept alllll the way home. Well not Rosie. She wanted to sit in my hand the whole way!
    But I do have a srtong feeling about two of them. Roosters. Oh no. I'm not 100 % But they are REALLY taller and have a really long neck. Just like Mr. Rooster. Hmmm [​IMG]
    I guess you don't know 'till it crows or lays huh?

I have Rosie and Alice under my arm right now. AWWWWW let the spoiling begin!

[​IMG]
    That's Rosie. She was suposed to be red, but her feathers on her wings that are coming in aren't red but a brown. sooo And one I think is a boy. Don't have a name for him/she

[​IMG]
    Rosie AGAIN. She's my favorite. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Alice, It's hard to get a picture of her. She's so shy! I think she might be bearded since she has little face muffs. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    All five of them. Little Krpt, Who I think is a boy Look at that neck! [​IMG] And then the little on sitting down I don't have a name. Alice and Rosie, and in the back little shy Gemma

[​IMG]
    Rosie, what looks like Alice, and the back end of Kryptonite and The one I don't have a name yet for.

[​IMG] all Five the boys in the back.

I had a million more. but They are all blurry. Hard to keep these guys still! [​IMG]

What did Mr. Rooster think about all this?
    As soon as I walked through the door he was there, trying to fly up on my shoulder. Got them set up in the brooder and he perched on the side, all his feathers puffed out. He watched them for a good two hours. Trying to see what they were. I shooed him out, and now I can hear him pecking at the door. And making a really hen-y cooing noise.
    Sigh. Sleeps on a pink pillow, loves his nesting box. And now he wants to be with babies? [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I would let them follow him around, since they really like it when he perches on the box. But I'm afraid he might hurt them. Maybe when they are bigger and not the size of a bottle cap.

2. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Wow, those are some cute silkies!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Where did you get them from?

3. Kimchi

Apr 10, 2010
    Utah
    Aren't they though? [​IMG]
    I got them from a breeder two-three hours away. Since I only wanted a few and even at MPC; Since I live in a rural area, the minimum was eight. And I only wanted five; WELL I only wanted three. But the breeder told me she had a week older black babies. I couldn't resist. huhhhh. And We were only going to have two chicken to start with. now we have seven! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Quote:Yep, I know how that goes! I called a breeder that lives about an hour and a half away and asked him if he had any silkies and he said he did and I told him I wanted 4 or 5. So I go to pick them up and there were 5 chicks in there, 4 were silkies and the other one was a frizzle and well I love frizzles so I took that one, too. Then he showed me a really I mean really tiny japanese chick and I took that one, then I saw he had Jersey Giants so well I got two fo them! So instead of just 4 chicks I came hom with 8!! Chickens are too addicting!

5. Kimchi

Apr 10, 2010
    Utah
    LOL Chickens are like potato chips. You always want ONE more! [​IMG]
    Frizzles? I love frizzles! [​IMG] The breeder said she had frizzles but they weren't for sale, she was growing them up to breed. I think she told me just to tease me and so I
    l'll come back in a few months. mmmhh. Maybe I will. I'll have to upgrade the coop though. [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    They are adorable. And yes that is a partridge, lltlle cuties.

7. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Quote:Yep, I bet she did that so you'd come back! lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by