They are here! (with pictures.HEAVY)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Stormhorse23, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Stormhorse23

Stormhorse23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2007
    Indiana
    My babies came today. We lost two. I got 2 pictures of a couple (we have 24!). Here they are. I'll get more later. One of them is all wet and we have it seperate and trying to revive the little thing. Here are pics of the two turkens and a light brahma (i think!).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 11, 2008
  2. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    So sweet! Hope the little wet one does okay. Any idea why it's wet? I'm not a fan of turkens but they are pretty cute as babies. The bottom is too cute for words!!!
    I NEEED CHICKIES!!!!

Last edited: Feb 11, 2008
  3. Stormhorse23

Aug 22, 2007
    Indiana
    it fell in the water because it was stumbling around. i am watering it with a syringe and it ate a little mush earlier. i am not ordering from this hatchery again. ive never had a problem with ideal. always got them within a week (i waited a month for these guys), never more than 2 deaths, all were hungry and chirping. these were all lethargic at first. even in the dead of winter, ideals are fine. dont know why? im wanting all turkens but my family says if we have more than two, they will kill them! :eek:

4. crazychickens

crazychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2008
    Belleville, Wisconsin
    Im putting my order in to MM. Hubby said "NO" to the idea of a couple turken chicks, said he wont eat anything that comes out of something so ugly. MM has a bad pic of a adult turken in the catalog. I hope yours grow up to be very cute. They are very cute now! Would'nt it be funny if the free chick I get from MM was a turken! [​IMG]

5. Stormhorse23

Aug 22, 2007
    Indiana
    Turkens are my favorites! I love the freaks. I have mine seperated into 3 containers. The sickly chick. The container with the healthy ones, and a container with the weak ones. That way they all get their needs taken care of! Here are some more.

[​IMG]
    My favorite chick chilling on my belt. She stepped onto my stomach after I took this pic. I squealed. It ticked and hurt!

[​IMG]
    The sickly chick. This was taken a while ago. Shes standing up now!

[​IMG]
    The healthy chicks!

[​IMG]
    Closeup!

[​IMG]
    The weaker ones.

6. texanchick1021

texanchick1021 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 27, 2008
    Texas
    They are so cute...Hope the sick and weak ones get better!

7. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Quote:Oh okay. For some reason I thought it came that way.
    Sorry this order wasn't as good as others. I'm in on one to MM and one to Ideal a week apart. Neither is coming directly to me though. It will be interesting to see how they compare.

8. hensdeliverthegoods

hensdeliverthegoods Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Catawba County, NC
    Turkens have the coolest eyes...big and almost look like they're wearing make-up. [​IMG]

9. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    AWWWWWWWWW!!!!! Thank goodness for my new dsl or I would never have gotten those pics downloaded on my dialup, lol!! Those babies are adorable!!

10. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    nice I want afew chicks in the spring mabe I will just wait for my girls to go broody and replace the whole flock.

henry

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by