They are here!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by AkTomboy, Apr 22, 2009.

1. AkTomboy

AkTomboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2009
    DJ, Alaska
    Well my 49 chicks made it to me today at 0645. [​IMG]

The post office 100 miles from me held them yesterday for no reason (they were there in plenty of time to make the trek to my town) [​IMG] and saddly I had 10 dead chicks. So sad... The rest were cold, hungry and some have nasty butt.

But on a high note my crib midget woke early (99.99% of the time he wakes up at 0930 on the dot) hearing the meep meeps. I dont know who is more excited the crib midget, the bloodhound or me. [​IMG]

The rest of the chicks are doing great eating well and they drank almost a gallon of water in two hours! Poor things. Ill post pics soon.

2. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

Congrads! sorry about the babies you lost [​IMG]

3. m2wandc

m2wandc Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    that sucks on the post office not calling...must of been a newbie on the clock [​IMG]

But congrats on the new babies...let's see some pics!!!

4. chickenhick

chickenhick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2009
    Virginia
    Contrats! ya

5. Redhead Hen

Redhead Hen Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2009
    Rising Sun, Maryland
    I'm so sorry for the chicky loss.[​IMG]

But congrats on the fuzzbutts![​IMG]

6. AkTomboy

AkTomboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2009
    DJ, Alaska
    Thank you all for the kind thoughts. My post office here was great it was the people 100 miles away who didnt place it on the truck to my town that I have a problem with. The fact they had a slow death for no reason other than somones mistake just urks me to huge levels. [​IMG] I did talk to the post master up there and he did say sorry and he would talk to the shifts but still poor girls.

Again thank you for your kind thoughts.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by