They are here

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by ladyride, Sep 22, 2011.

1. ladyride

ladyride Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2011
    East Tn
    16 baby broilers are here I forget how small those little critters are. All alive here in less than 24 hours of shipping. Everyone has eat, drank & of course pooed. They are set up in the brooder in their tractor . Thanks to everyone on here for giving me the courage to try them. Now to watch them grow for my table. Thanks Ideal. [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 22, 2011
  2. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Congrats!!! Where did you get them from? Take a pic of those little buggars if you can.

3. ladyride

Apr 30, 2011
    East Tn
    got them from Ideal appears they they sent 1 extra will try to post pics in am was sooo busy today

4. ladyride

Apr 30, 2011
    East Tn
    baby pics & their setup keep in mind the tractor is not quite complete yet still gathering roofing materials have to pick up today & the wheels. the brooder [​IMG] the babies [​IMG] [​IMG] so tiny the tractor [​IMG]

5. Jenlyn9483

Jenlyn9483 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, FL
    Nice tractor. I need to start getting my ideas together. I just got my 5 colored broilers from ideal yesterday plus I got a couple extra dark cornish roos and I got some other sexlink roos. I'm supplenting their chick starter with half game bird starter for the first 3 weeks to get them off to a good start. That really puts the bulk on them.

6. wyoDreamer

wyoDreamer Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2010
    Are you using wood pellets for bedding?

I really like you tractor. Will you keep them in there until freezer camp?

7. ladyride

Apr 30, 2011
    East Tn
    Quote:yep on wood pellets they had paper towels was changing when made pics. they will live there til camp kenmore [​IMG]

8. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    Congrats and good luck. [​IMG]

9. eds500

eds500 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2010
    Raleigh, NC
    Looks like your holiday season will be filled with fresh, backyard grown chicken meat. I like your brooder alot. Nice setup. Please post back on your progress.

10. ladyride

Apr 30, 2011
    East Tn
    All 16 still alive & have doubled in size in 1 week . We have had some ranging temps lately they are hardier than we think. They are in a tractor with a light we have made some adjustments to maintain temps at 80. Daytime gets to 90 but nighttime has been around 80.Outside temps are 80's nightime 60's. We have had a couple with pasty butt. But they are growing like nothing I have ever seen. As long as this trend continues I am sure we will be happy with the outcome.They will be hardened so to speak before the light goes away I think.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by