They are here!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by horseshowmomnv, Feb 26, 2012.

1. horseshowmomnv

horseshowmomnv Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2012
    Reno NV
    My Chicks from McMurray arrived today, all 26 appear to be healthy and happy! The post office was great and called us to pick up on Sunday! Now for the adventures to begin!

2. mikecnorthwest

mikecnorthwest Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2009
    Vancouver, WA
    My Coop
    Congrats! Have you started the coop yet? Your little ones will be ready to move outside in about 6 weeks. I know when I built my coop it took longer than I planned for so I was glad I started a littler earlier than I thought I needed to.

3. horseshowmomnv

Feb 9, 2012
    Reno NV
    Thank you!
    I am stressed about the coop, we have not started and I know we need to right away. Will go and get lumber this week and start next weekend.
    I am so grateful they all appear healthy! [​IMG]

4. chickenmanII

chickenmanII Out Of The Brooder

Feb 12, 2012
    Florida
    It's good to hear the chicks are healthy. I agree about building the coop, it does take longer than expected. I started my new coop and run last week and ever since the weather has been bad, so no chance on finishing it. What kind of chicks did you order?

5. beefmaster

beefmaster Out Of The Brooder

Feb 17, 2012
    enjoy your new chicks,an get to work on their henhouse.

6. horseshowmomnv

Feb 9, 2012
    Reno NV
    We have Barred Rock, Buff Rock, Light Brahmas, RIR's. Yes, the coop. My husband can save a life, but don't ask him to build anything. Looks like this is on my Daughter and I, luckily I have some experience with carpentry, and lots of friends!

7. felidaet

felidaet Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2008
    Vancouver, Wa.
    Congrats on the new chicks. Glad to hear they all arrived healthy.

Yes you definitely need to get started on the coop immediately. Luckily the amount of daylight hours is increasing every day and so you will have more available light to work on it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by