They are here!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by GRAM49, Jun 25, 2008.

1. GRAM49

GRAM49 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2008
    Indiana
    Post office called at 6:15 A.M. and said chicks were there. Hubby ran to get them as I was covered in soap. In a few minutes my nine new babies were in their warm brooder eating and drinking. So proud! We got 3 Black Australorps, 3 Barred Rocks and 3 fuzzy yellow chicks that could be NH Reds or something else. I said I would take a substitution for the last 3 to get my order sooner, but still had to wait 5 weeks. So the yellow chicks will be a surprise. Hope they all make it, they look good on arrival anyway. Hubby is "chick-sitting", but I will sneak home a noon to see for myself. Good luck to all who are waiting.
    Gram

Last edited: Jun 25, 2008
  2. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Congratulations ..... [​IMG]

3. reteP

reteP Out Of The Brooder

Well enjoy your new fuzzy butts. I'm jealous lol, I used to work close enough to be able to go home at lunch time and check up on things but not since moving to the country. Small price to pay though [​IMG]

4. s6bee

s6bee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    Western, NY
    Congratulations! Your yellow ones may not be NH reds. I guess it depends on how "yellow" they are. Pictures are a must!

5. flakey chick

flakey chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2007
    Florida
    9 baby chickies and no xtra males for added warmth? Where did they come from?

6. GRAM49

May 7, 2008
    Indiana
    I have not mastered the pics yet, but I do have some on my computer already. They came from My Pet Chicken. I expected extras, but not arrived.

7. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    [​IMG] GOOD HUBBY!

8. GRAM49

May 7, 2008
    Indiana
    I am going to try the photo thingy but may not make it. This is unknown. Order NH Red, but don't think so, any ideas?
    [​IMG]

9. GRAM49

May 7, 2008
    Indiana
    Yeah! I did it. Now for the others. Here is the yellow one from the top. [​IMG]

10. GRAM49

May 7, 2008
    Indiana
    Any ideas on the yellow ones? I can wait a few weeks, but am excited to know.
    Gram

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by