They are in the coop...kind of!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by LizGled628, Jul 25, 2010.

1. LizGled628

LizGled628 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    Rhode Island
    My darling husband is almost finished with our new coop! We still have to put shingles on it, a touch of the paint, and oh yeah-move it out of our garage- but it's lookin' good! Because the babies are getting so big (six weeks already!), we feel really bad keeping them in their tiny little brooder, so we moved the cage to the door of the new coop to give them a little room to get used to their new home. Every time we leave and come back, you know where they are crammed? The itty bitty brooder. TOO CUTE!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The BR's were the first to explore the new digs...and taunt our Maine Coon from the safety of their chicken condo [​IMG]

2. Toast n Jelly

Toast n Jelly Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2007
    St.Charles, QC
    What an adorable coop! Don't worry they will soon be brave enough to explore the coop... [​IMG]

3. LizGled628

LizGled628 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    Rhode Island
    Thanks! I almost don't want them to...I like it when they jam the brooder door, waiting for me to come snuggle them...*sigh* Guess this means we'll need some more babies next spring!

4. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Quote:And so it starts.........

Pot here, calling all black kettles.

5. usschicago1

usschicago1 Suburban Cochins

Aug 11, 2009
    Taunton, MA
    [​IMG] Love It . [​IMG]

6. sharol

sharol Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    Admire, KS
    Today at lunch, my DH said, "next time, let's put the brooder in the Quonsett."

"Next time?" I asked. (our first chicks are 2 weeks old)

"Well, he said, chickens don't live very long. Are these the only ones you will ever have?"

Then I took issue with the quonsett idea (too hot, too far from the house, blah, blah). He is resigned to having more chickens. Yeah!!!

Quote:And so it starts.........

Pot here, calling all black kettles.

7. Beckymca

Beckymca Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2010
    I just made a post about spoiling my chickens. I have a little 6 week old BO pullet that wants to be held and cuddled all the time, she bumps my foot or hops up and down until I pick her up. She likes to sit in my lap and be petted, she will clean herself or fall asleep in the bend of my elbow. I think I've created a monster!!! Isn't she cute tho???? I named her Snuggles. [​IMG]

8. littlemissjellyfish

littlemissjellyfish Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2010
    Maine
    Love the coop!

.... and you're right! Snuggles is wicked cute!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by