they are out yay BEI sweeties pictures color ?????

citalk2much

Twilight Blessings Farm
11 Years
Dec 22, 2008
GR MI: TN bound!
well looks like three is the total one died in the egg and one egg seems to be doing nothing
there is the one that hatched yesterday
20051_img_4659.jpg

now here is the question one of the little ones that just hatched has light silver down? is it a blue or silver east indie I know that Niki hatched some of my eggs last year and got blues though this one looks really light to be a blue and I have heard there are silvers though they are rare is there anyone on here really good with colors that can help
20051_img_4664.jpg

Last edited:
thank you, okay the odd color one is a golden tan color and its feet are chocolate brown help
20051_img_4674.jpg

anyone have an idea of color and why

I don't know how I missed this thread! I posted on your other one as well, but the short response is that those are not BEI. They are either Khaki Campbells or Campbell mixes. Since you also have Khaki Campbells, the most obvious explanation is that one of your drakes bred one of your BEI. FYI- I have even seen ducks mate through fences before, so even if they were completely separate, it is feasible. The chances that it is a random mutation is about nil. The color of duck you would need to create that would have to carry sex-linked brown dilution and you just happen to have the breed that carries that, so that is the most likely scenario I think. LOL

Quote:
I DO NOT have campbell my friend in TN has them we bought a farm together I so not live there yet I ONLY have BEI nothing more just them so there is no way her duck got mine 500+ miles away, Also I live in the city and no one around me has a duck also scince the first snow none of my animals will leave the animal house and it is 100% enclosed so nothing is getting in there and when the did go outside there enclosed in there also but they have not been out

Back
Top Bottom