they are so funny

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by bj taylor, Feb 7, 2012.

1. bj taylor

bj taylor Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 28, 2011
    North Central Texas
    just to let you know, there are no pics. i don't know how & haven't made myself take the time to learn - but i will.
    they all act like they have very important work to do - hurrying from this side of the brooder to another spot. when they get tired, some of them fall asleep standing up. the others are just a little spot of fluff on the brooder floor.
    one of them will get a wild hair & take off running & flapping it's tiny wings & barge into a pile of sleeping babies then everyone is upset & telling her off.
    sometimes they charge the waterer because someone else is there & it's like "hey that's my drink!". some are so enthusiatic they tip over into the water. good thing it's only 1/2" deep or they'd get a good dunking.
    i'm beginning to hear some real voices of protest here & there and i see a pair having a stand off.
    it's also so funny to see those little wings w/tiny feathers sticking out.

i think i'm going to have to change lightbulbs during the day to compensate for it warming up. my light is stationary so raising & lowering isn't an option. it seems too hot to me, but none are panting & they seem to like that warmest corner for when it's nap time. so i don't know. can it be too hot for them & they don't know it?
    well, i just wanted to tell my little chick story to some people who love chickens.

2. SteveBaz

SteveBaz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2011
    Pacific North West
    [​IMG]

3. Lady Chickadee

Lady Chickadee Rocky Top Silkies

Apr 1, 2011
    Central Kentucky
    [​IMG]Crazy chicks! Chicks are adorable when they do those things, I can't wait to get more! I wouldn't worry to much about the heat if they're not panting or trying to get away from the light.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by