They are trying to drive the dogs insane!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by gritsar, Dec 17, 2010.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    The dogs, two german shepherds, are here in the house having their quiet time.

Both flocks of chickens are out, free ranging.

The younger flock decided it would be great fun to start pecking at the screened (front) door to get the dogs all excited and barking. They peck, wait for the dogs to bark and then settle down again before they start pecking again.

Somehow, the adult hens have managed to slip into the yard too. They are now pecking at the back door. Peck, wait for the barks to stop, peck again.

The poor dogs are frothing at the mouth and running into each other trying to go back and forth from the front door to the back again.

The chickens are doing it on purpose. I think Impy put them up to it.

2. Muggsmagee

Muggsmagee Menagerie Mama

Dec 15, 2009
    Central NY
    Mischief makers! [​IMG]

3. Flippacase

Flippacase Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2009
    Massachusetts
    lol....until of of those sheapards tears right through that screen... [​IMG]

4. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:I am running on about an hours worth of sleep. I take the dogs out in the yard this morning, watching them play, but wishing I could be inside drinking coffee.
    The dogs were wrasslin' about five feet away from me when I happened to feel something pull at my pant leg. I look down to see two of my adult hens looking up at me.
    Never have I moved so fast to grab those dogs by their collars!
    They've been trained to leave the chickens alone, but there's only so much temptation they can handle.

5. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Sounds like you are saying they are done with you, and moving on to making the dogs insane?

Imp- [​IMG]

6. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:My insanity is a foregone conclusion. Or something like that, I'm too tired to be sure. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by