they aren't for sale anymore.

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by TheDuckCrew, Apr 16, 2009.

1. TheDuckCrew

TheDuckCrew Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    So i've got 14 pure bred pekin eggs in the incubator. we are only keeping 2 to 3. they will be old enough to be sexed by quacks by the time they can be sold. free! PICK UP ONLY! WILL NOT SHIP! i'm located in east granby, which is near granby, windsor, bloomfield area. some may be crested, not sure yet. 3 possible daddies...one mom.

the babies aren't for sale anymore. their mom (slushie) and most likely dad (chubby) were both killed on sunday. i don't think i can part with their babies.

Last edited: May 5, 2009
  2. Chicken Fruit

Chicken Fruit Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2009
    Echo Homestead
    When will they be ready?

3. TheDuckCrew

Feb 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    they are set to hatch around may 8th, but then i must wait until i know the sex. i canNOT have any more boys, only girls. so they will all be sexed. considering it was pickup only, i thought to post early thinking no one would respond for awhile....

4. Chicken Fruit

Chicken Fruit Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2009
    Echo Homestead
    I think it'd be a little late for us... plus you're 2.5 hours away. *snaps fingers* drat.

Have fun with them!!!

5. TheDuckCrew

Feb 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    darn! well if you're up here for any reason, you can have some eggs and babies if they're ready.

6. chickenphile

chickenphile Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2008
    Feura Bush, NY
    "they will be old enough to be sexed by quacks "

I have some pekins ducklings now. Can you please tell me how to do this? Mine are about 2 weeks old now.

thanks
    Chris

7. TheDuckCrew

Feb 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    to tell the sex by the quack, you have to wait until you hear a quack developing. the females quack, the males sort of whisper. i'm not sure of the age when you can do this, but once you hear the start of quacking, then you've got a girl!

8. TheDuckCrew

Feb 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    well, if anybody's interested all 14 are so far still developing and there is only about a week left. they are all free!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by