They arrived!

How exciting!!
A few things I could think of is...be sure they take a drink of water. I actually had to dip my little guys beaks into the water. I was worried once they figured that out they drank like lil piggy’s lol
Remember they only need their chick starter for at least 2-3 weeks no treats! And when they are ready for treats be sure and provide grit!
They are so adorable when they are tiny! :love
Congratulations!

I'll think about it. Thanks for the advice!

Not trying to peer pressure you into using them, but I am curious why you sound a little hesitant to use electrolytes? Is it simply due to being unfamiliar with them? Or some personal reason you could tell us?

It is almost considered "a given" in this day and age that folks will put electrolytes in the water of baby chicks that are not raised by their mother hen, and most hatcheries will try to get you to buy some when you order chicks. Sure, it is an easy way for them to make an extra dollar or two on the order, but it is also to reduce their percentage of refunds issued for chicks that die soon after arriving. So using them does seem show a positive outcome when looking at chick mortality rates.

Just saying all this in case your hesitation was simply based on not being familiar with the product/concept.

Back
Top Bottom