They Arrived!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Keene's coop, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Keene's coop

Keene's coop Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2010
    neenah, wisconsin
    THEY ARE HERE [​IMG] THEY ARE HERE [​IMG] THEY ARE HERE [​IMG] pasty butts normal? have 6 and 4 have it. i hope i'm cleaning them right. i'v been checking about every hour or so. i wanna shoe some pics but have no idea how to. help please!!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. hueghy

hueghy Out Of The Brooder

May 6, 2010
    just click on the uploads button in the blue bar above and go from there

3. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    [​IMG] Congrats on the fuzzy butts. What breeds did you get. Gotta love those sweet chickies. [​IMG]

4. Keene's coop

Feb 8, 2010
    neenah, wisconsin
    when i posted, it didn't say anything about uploading. that's what i was looking for and nothing. i got 1 rir, 1 slw, 1 ausrtalorp, 1 leghorn, 1 sussex, and 1 delaware. i'm allowed only 4, but i thought 6 would be better. i'll have to post them on my website or what ever it's called under my name thing. so you guys will have to check there. i'll do it in about 10 min.

5. Keene's coop

Feb 8, 2010
    neenah, wisconsin
    not website, my byc page.

6. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    That is a nice assortment. Grow chickies grow. [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Keene's coop

Feb 8, 2010
    neenah, wisconsin
    how long does the pasty butts last? i have 3 that i am constantly bathing. they like the warm water.

8. buckabucka

buckabucka Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2010
    Fairfield, Maine
    My Coop
    We fought with pasty butt for 2 weeks. It was a pain, - 23 chickens and the brooder is too big to make catching them easy! I found that soaking their butt briefly worked much better than just rubbing with a wet cloth.

The pasty butt won't last forever (although it may seem that long! [​IMG]).

It is so fun watching them grow! Mine are flying around like crazy at 3 weeks.
    Good luck with them!

Robin

9. noodleroo

noodleroo Snuggles with Chickens

Apr 29, 2010
    Rockport, Tx
    Out of 21 chicks I only had one with pasty butt and only twice. She liked the warm water too; I just held her hiney under the stream of warm water from the sink. Be sure to keep them warm until they dry...

10. Keene's coop

Feb 8, 2010
    neenah, wisconsin
    thanks everyone. i've been soaking their butts in a bowl of warm water. i guess i'm just tired of doing it. oh well. well, gotta go check for pasty butts.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by