They ate some dead worms...

Henmaster5000

In the Brooder
10 Years
Sep 15, 2009
OrlandoIsh
So I have my little homestead and I recently dove into raising meat pigs. I dewormed my pigs with Wazine and their poop had quite a few dead worms in it. The chickens got into their poop and ate the dead worms. I know Wazine is poultry safe but does anyone think this might be an issue? should I worm the girls in a few days?

Boy, I don't know, hopefully they didn't eat too much.
I would be concerned about not eating the eggs tho because of the withdrawal requirements with the Wazine.

Thats what I was thinking. I have 12 girls and they were all lined up digging through the poop. after I shooed them away i couldn't find any of the dead worms. There were probably a dozen of them or so they could have eaten. I'll boil the eggs and feed them to the pigs and dogs for the next 2 weeks

Well if you're not going to eat the eggs, might as well give them a round of Wazine too
thumbsup.gif

The hens that is

So I have my little homestead and I recently dove into raising meat pigs. I dewormed my pigs with Wazine and their poop had quite a few dead worms in it. The chickens got into their poop and ate the dead worms. I know Wazine is poultry safe but does anyone think this might be an issue? should I worm the girls in a few days?
Excreted pig worms wont infect your chickens, dead or alive. There will be very little wazine residue if any at all in the eggs. The eggs are safe to eat.

Excreted pig worms wont infect your chickens, dead or alive. There will be very little wazine residue if any at all in the eggs. The eggs are safe to eat.
I was going to tell her to look up if they were communal =) I'm glad you know!

Generally with organic practices people have chickens follow after the pigs to clean up after them... =)

Back
Top Bottom