They came early!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by mgibbzzz, Feb 24, 2009.

1. mgibbzzz

mgibbzzz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2008
    Somerset, OH
    Our order wasn't due til tomorrow, not that I am complaining! All arrived well. Sadly, I do have one that has crurled toes and will need to split them. She does seem to get along pretty well, considering. I will post pics of all my lil fuzzy butts soon. I ordered 12 EE pullets and 12 Black Austrolorp pullets and 1 Austrolorp roo. We got and extra EE, which makes me happy! So add another 26 to my total. lol Never too many chikens.

2. carolinagirls

carolinagirls Out Of The Brooder

Jan 22, 2009
    [​IMG] Hi I live in SC. Where did your babies come from? We got ours this morning at 2 AM they were hatched and shipped on Sat from McMurray.
    We ordered 25. We have lost 7 already.
    Wish you the best. Hope you have happy chicken days.

3. Hens_And_Chicks

Hens_And_Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2009
    Ohio
    Quote:I'm so sorry to hear you have lost 7 - they are so fragile! How do you get them at 2 in the morning? I'm always sleeping at that time [​IMG]

I live close enough to my hatchery that I can just drive 30 minutes to pick up any chicks I order - I am spoiled. I can't imagine ordering and waiting on pins and needles for the mail truck to deliver or the post office to call.

4. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    where did you order from? im hoping my come today, but im expecting them tomorrow.

5. DaggerD

DaggerD Out Of The Brooder

Jan 23, 2009
    Idaho
    We just received ours a day early as well. I wasn't quite ready and had to scramble. We bought ours from Dunlap and they sent 13 extras. Four died in shipping and a couple are pretty weak looking. But it was a nice surprise to get so many extras.

6. carolinagirls

carolinagirls Out Of The Brooder

Jan 22, 2009
    WE LOST 2 MORE TODAY. THAT MAKES 11 TOTAL OUT OF 26. WE HAVE BUFF ORPINGTONS,EE, AUSTRALORPS. WE ORDERED FROM MCMURRAY.
    OF COURSE THEY WILL REPLACE THE ONES WE LOST. BUT I WILL WAIT UNTIL APRIL OR MAY TO GET MORE. HOPE THE REST MAKE IT THEY SEEM TO BE DOING GOOD RIGHT NOW. THEY ARE DRINKING,EATING AND POOPING, JUST LIKE CHICKS ARE SUPPOSED TO. I FORGOT HOW CUTE BABY CHICKS ARE.
    LATER
    CAROLINAGIRLS

7. mgibbzzz

mgibbzzz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2008
    Somerset, OH
    I order from Meyer. It depends on what time of day that they hatch as to what time they ship. So I figured that these hatched late Sunday or early Monday because they sipped Monday. We call and let our Post Office know that they are comming and they call us as soon as they get them, even if it is 1 am![​IMG] Who can sleep knowing that you have chickies comming! lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by