They came in today!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by justduckie, Apr 14, 2008.

1. justduckie

justduckie Out Of The Brooder

Apr 30, 2007
    I got my Easy Boot Bares for my mare today! Yippee! Tomorrow is a training day, so we will try them on for the first time. I've been studying the video on how to put them on her and I keep reading how after the first couple times, they go on pretty easy, so we'll see.

I looked at the Boa's and depending on how I like these, I might upgrade to the Boa's when these wear out.

I know there are a few people on the board who use the boots on their barefoot horses......if you do, what do you think of them?

2. GwenFarms

GwenFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2008
    I don't have these, but I sure want them. We live in sandhills, so we keep ours barefoot. Several times a year we will ride somewhere that we need shoes, particularly on my gelding. He is so tenderfooted. Let us know how these work out for you.

3. bluerose

bluerose Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    Boas, IMO, are not an 'upgrade' at ALL. Stick with the bares. [​IMG] If you have problems with twisting- you can add shims (I use very thin foam and tuck it into the front of the boot, then put on).

Gwen- if your horse is tenderfooted, and trimmed by a traditional farrier, that is likely your problem along with too many NSC's (sugars/starches) in the diet... another great boot is the Cavallo Simple. Valleyvet carries them. Good quality, don't move around much, don't come off.

4. justduckie

justduckie Out Of The Brooder

Apr 30, 2007
    Well, once I FINALLY got them on.....oh, it's not as easy as the video makes it seems for the first time.....they were great! They stayed on great, didn't twist or turn and after a few "what in the heck...." looks from my mare, she adjusted pretty well.

Getting them off was a trick, but once I got the hang of using the screw driver, they popped right off.

And she doesn't like gravel - at all - and she trotted happily across the gravel roads with no problems.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by