They Came Two Days EARLY!!!! Updated with PICS Pg2!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by jenmckin, May 12, 2008.

1. jenmckin

jenmckin Out Of The Brooder

Apr 30, 2008
    NW Mississippi
    I got a call from our post office at 4:40pm. They said they were closed but that they would be there for another 45 minutes. I sent my husband after them immediately and I got their food and water ready. They weren't supposed to be here until Wednesday!!!

Does someone want to tell me how to post pictures?

Update: ok well still haven't figured out the picture thing but if you look at the last post there are links to some of the pictures I took yesterday after they got here.

Last edited: May 13, 2008
  2. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
  3. jenmckin

Apr 30, 2008
    NW Mississippi
    I have tried. It keeps telling me that I have the wrong file type but they are all jpegs. I don't understand. I am normally not computer stupid. I don't know how to make it work [​IMG]

4. catfish

catfish Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Greenbrier, Arkansas
    post the urls to the images and I'll link to them for you if you like. Its prolly a simple mistake.
    [​IMG]

5. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Which hatchery did you order from? I ordered from Ideal so I was wondering if mine would possibly come early [​IMG] Were all ready except for the coop but that is in progress [​IMG]

6. bangor777

bangor777 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    I also am waiting an order from ideal. They are supposed to ship wednesday. I still have to get a second brooder light....which i was going to do this morning.

Let us know where yours are from and congrats on the new babies!
    Lori

7. jenmckin

Apr 30, 2008
    NW Mississippi
    Sorry to disappoint you but, mine were from Estes and instead of 25, they sent 29 and everyone is alive and kicking [​IMG]

I had an issue with one or two with pasty butt this morning but a little warm water and a paper towel and they were right as rain. [​IMG]

This is my first time raising chicks so I'm a little paranoid. I mixed my own organic feed. I'm sort of trying an experiment because my son is allergic to wheat and that is mainly what is in chicken feed. So I am feeding them an alternative grain diet to see if that helps him avoid a reaction when he eats chicken or eggs. He doesn't react to those but sometimes he will have a reaction for no apparent reason.

I will post the links to my pictures here in a little bit. I have to get a few rows tilled back up on my garden before the bad weather comes back. And it's coming fast. So I'll do that in a bit.

8. booboo0712

booboo0712 Out Of The Brooder

May 8, 2008
    North west Pa
    I loved the pic's ,what are you using in the feed?

9. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Aww what cuties! Great idea to make your own food...i hope you share the recipe! [​IMG] Have fun with the babies! They are ADORABLE!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by