They Came yesterday afternoon on a second truck I didn't know about

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by RedHead, May 7, 2009.

1. RedHead

RedHead Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2009
    East Lake, NC
    I just got finished building the new brooder and got it warming up to make sure it holds the right temp. I'm so darn nervous right now! [​IMG] I can't wait, I hope they're alright [​IMG] I will take pics as soon as we get the phone call, hopefully they show up when they're supposed to
    We've got 100 cornish rocks coming in from welp [​IMG] Just thought I'd share my nervousness right now [​IMG]
    MORE FUZZY BUTTS [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: May 9, 2009
  2. cochinbantam-lover

cochinbantam-lover Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    Wisconsin
    I won't even try and sleep the night before my chicks arrive, May 18th [​IMG] Guess we can always try!!! [​IMG]

3. chilling in muscadine

chilling in muscadine { I love being disfunctual }

Jun 8, 2008
    muscadine, al.
    What I do is stay up all night with my cam recorder. I tape miles of the stuff with me alone in the room talking to my eggs and encouraging and rooting for them. Then later on when I need a laugh, pull the recorder out and thats what I get "A LAUGH." Its priceless plus I got my biddies hatching. [​IMG]

4. toletiquesbysam

toletiquesbysam Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2008
    Nebraska
    Oh I remember that feeling!!! I got the call and prayed over and over on the way there, Please let them all be alive, Please let them all be alive!! [​IMG] And they were, so passing on this little tip for you to do, and maybe it will help!!! [​IMG]

5. cochinbantam-lover

cochinbantam-lover Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    Wisconsin
    Quote:[​IMG]

6. RedHead

Jan 22, 2009
    East Lake, NC
    Ok I'm grouchy and my coffee isn't done yet and I don't know if my chicks came or not [​IMG] I called the post office and the rude person on the phone whom I don't know (probably new) said that they were still unloading the truck and to call back in 30 mins [​IMG] My hubby had to leave for work and he's gonna stop by and check. I mean they were either supposed to be here today or tomorrow and I was hoping it would be the same as last time. They shipped out the same day of the week as my last batch did so I was hoping they'd be here today. But I don't know because some dumb person at the post office can't tell if there's 100 loudly cheeping chicks coming off the truck or not [​IMG]
    I hate people! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. headred

headred Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2009
    Lawrence
    To REDHEAD from headred, I dislike people too sometimes! Good luck today! I often think if everyone in the world had ducks or chickens in their yard, they would be happier and better people.

8. RedHead

Jan 22, 2009
    East Lake, NC
    Now that I have my coffee I think I'm calmed down a little bit lol
    Hubby just called and said that they weren't at the post office, so hopefully they'll be here tomorrow [​IMG] the suspense is killing me! argh
    this means I could have slept quite a bit more last night [​IMG] And if I have to talk to 'Brandy' again tomorrow morning then I think I'm gonna scream! It's bad enough I was already irritable on account of lack of sleep but then talking to some rude stranger first thing who doesn't know what she's talking about and who got uppity with my husband this morning just kind of threw me over the edge. If I have to talk to her tomorrow and if she's rude again then I'm probably not gonna bite my tongue and let my brain-mouth filter drop.

9. fshinggrl

fshinggrl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    the edge of insanity
    Oh waiting for the little fuzzy balls is so exciting! I hope everything works out ok tomorrow! (I hope you can sleep today or tonight!)

10. RedHead

Jan 22, 2009
    East Lake, NC
    thanks, I'm going to call the hatchery when they open to see if I can get them to track it for me, or at least give me the tracking number so I can see where they are. I hope they're all alive [​IMG] [​IMG]
    As for sleeping any today, I don't have high hopes lol I got 4hrs of sleep last night but my problem is and always has been that once I'm up, I'm up. I can never get back to sleep after I wake up. So I'll just have my pot of coffee and try to get to bed earlier tonight if I can get to sleep. I woke up at 2am this morning and haven't been able to get back to sleep since. I reckon it gives me enough time to finish off this last gallon of milk and get it bleached and cleaned out so I can mix their broiler vitamins in it. It's supposed to be one packet to 2 gallons stock and then meter at 1oz. per gallon of drinking water, I needed one more gallon container anyway lol SO I guess it's a good thing their coming tomorrow? idk I think my brain is already fried today and it's only 8:48am [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by