they didnt make it :( Egg topsy graphic

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by farmgirlforever18, Jun 24, 2011.

1. farmgirlforever18

farmgirlforever18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2010
    Dublin TEXAS
    ok its day 23 and still no peeps [​IMG] so i decided to go in and see what’s going on. so i candled the eggs no movement and no veins [​IMG] so i went with my gut feeling and cracked one open it was dead [​IMG] the yoke was all the way absorbed on one but the other three weren’t there yet they didn’t look shrink wrapped but it could of been that Monday they got unplugged [​IMG] but i didn’t notice for a couple hours and the temp dropped not sure how low it dropped due to my temp gage not working but here are some of the chicks so if anyone knows what might of gone wrong let me know.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the other eggs in there my two turkey are still alive and so are the other 12 eggs still got veins and moving baby’s [​IMG]
    lets pray they stay that way [​IMG] so just don’t give up it happens sometimes

Last edited: Jun 24, 2011
  2. farmgirlforever18

Mar 5, 2010
    Dublin TEXAS
    Any ideas of what could of gone wrong?

3. snyd08

snyd08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2011
    [​IMG] it happend in the last 5 days of your incubation period that they died. my guess was either they couldnt get through the membrane. the temp cooked them? or the temp was too low and they died slowly. if other are still alive take that as a lesson and make sure evrything is A OK [​IMG]

4. chicken delighted

chicken delighted Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2011
    mesick,michigan
    [​IMG] i am sorry for your loss ,i waiting for some chicks to day is the day and nothing . oh i hope this did not happen. i feel so bad i hope the others will be ok
    [​IMG] thinking of you hatch

5. jfulcher

jfulcher Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    I am so sorry [​IMG] [​IMG] for the rest of your hatch. You still have hope.

6. ozark_chickies

ozark_chickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2011
    Arkansas
    So sorry for your loss:(Just hate to see babies quit so close to being hatched.

I had 5 of my last hatch look like that. I got 12 chicks out 32 eggs, 5 that never piped, and a bunch of quitters about day 11. Day 11 was the day our power went out, and the incubator cooled down to 80 degrees. The eggs were in a turner and the ones on the incubator edges died.Maybe the cooler temperatures weakened the chicks? The chicks that did hatch, came out one and two days late.Better luck next time.

7. BeckyandHerBrood

BeckyandHerBrood Out Of The Brooder

Jun 20, 2011
    Champaign, IL
    Did you notice what end of the egg their head was in? We had a couple from our last hatch that had internal pips in the membrane in the small end of the egg away from the air sac.

8. BeckyandHerBrood

Jun 20, 2011
    Champaign, IL
    Oh, and I am so sorry for your loss as well. It is SO hard when they don't hatch. The let down after all of that excitement and anticipation is horrible.

9. farmgirlforever18

Mar 5, 2010
    Dublin TEXAS
    Quote:Omg you know what I didnt think about that yes there heads were pointing down fords the little end how sad [​IMG]
    I hope my next ones hatch [​IMG]

10. BeckyandHerBrood

Jun 20, 2011
    Champaign, IL
    How many do you have left in the incubator? Are they already in lockdown?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by