They do the Chest bump

MuranoFarms

Crowing
12 Years
Nov 14, 2009
Boyers, Pa
When I let my 2 week olds out of the brooder to play, 2 of the Marans and the JG run at each other and do chest bumps.
gig.gif
They launch themselves up in the air and collide with each other like teenagers at a football game! What in the world are they doing? Does this mean their roos? None of the other chicks want anything to do with this behavior. It's so funny to watch.

Last edited:
I've had little girls "slam dance" with each other. Doesn't necessarily mean they are roos.

Nah, it's just a way of sorting out pecking order without actually fighting. My girls do it all the time--and my roo doesn't do it at all. I guess he's just secure in his masculinity.
lol.png

My girls do it al the time...its funny to watch
tongue.png

They run around flapping their wings, then fluff out their neck feathers and THUMP each other lol Then its like nothing happened...they go wandering off. Silly Birdies!

My six buff orpingtons all played the world's largest game of Joust when they were chicks. Not a roo in the bunch. The only roo I have in my run right now (who goes to the dinner pot saturday) never did the bump. Ever. I don't think it means anything one way or the other.

Back
Top Bottom