They figured it out!!!

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by minihorse927, Nov 15, 2010.

1. minihorse927

minihorse927 Whipper snapper Premium Member

Nov 3, 2010
    I put this waterer together yesterday and last night they would not even look at the thing, tonight I locked them up and they pretty much instantly figure out how to drink out of it. Finally no more scrubbing their waterer out everyday!
    [​IMG]
    One of the silkies checking it out.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 15, 2010
  2. jomoncon

jomoncon Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2010
    New Orleans, LA
    Isn't it amazing how they can figure this out. After a having my 1 week olds for just a week & cleaning their water dish twice a day, I tried a nipple in a candy bucket as a temporary measure. Within an hour they had figured it out.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now that they're a few weeks older & outside, I plan on making an automatic waterer with more nipples. The nipples are really the way to go!

3. minihorse927

minihorse927 Whipper snapper Premium Member

Nov 3, 2010
    I was a little worried last night about them, they all were congregating around their old waterer which was empty and trying to drink from it. I kept running them into their pen and they would run right back out before I could get all of them in and go back to the old waterer. I was a little worried they would not get it after that fiasco last night, but tonight they ran in the the RSL were the first ones to try it out, then the others got the idea pretty quickly. The rooster took the longest, he kept attacking it and it would swing back and knock him over and he would attack it again, it was hilarious.

4. wildeflowers

wildeflowers I suspect fowl play!

Jun 29, 2010
    ^^^

LOL, that is funny!

5. SeattleChickenHead

SeattleChickenHead Out Of The Brooder

Sep 26, 2010
    looks great! [​IMG] I need to get me sum nipples! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by