1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

THEY FOUND A HOME!!Florida Buff Orpington , Red-star & EE Eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Southern Chickens, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Southern Chickens

Southern Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2007
    NorthWest Florida
    [​IMG] Most of my flock was killed over the week. I have two dozen eggs that I will give away. I had one Buff Orpington Rooster over 4 BO hens, 2 EE, & 2 red-sexlinks. I only have the 1 sexlink hen and a pair of Silkies. I do have a broody BO hen, but she can't fit anymore eggs under her.
    I don't want them to waste. If someone wants to hatch them I will give them away!
    I would like them to be hatched and not eaten by our pigs. [​IMG] That will be their destiny if noone wants to hatch them. [​IMG] Please someone want these eggs. I don't want to ship them, but will as a last resort. They have been collected from 9-5-09 to 9-8-09. I am in Central Florida. I can meet you in Hernando, Pasco, or Citrus counties.
    here are the buffs, sorry no pics of the EE or red sex-links
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 15, 2009
  2. 1lpoock

1lpoock Spruce Creek Waterfowl

Apr 20, 2009
    Sandusky, Ohio
    I know you dont want to ship...but if you cant find anyone else...i'll hatch them ! I'm so sorry about your flock too...what happened? [​IMG]

3. Southern Chickens

Mar 11, 2007
    NorthWest Florida
    Not sure, about the flock. I will find out this weekend. I am camping out with my 30-06 and gonna handle it once and for all. Field fence will be put up this weekend and the whole 5 acres will be fenced in and the pitbulls will be on the prowl for future predators!

4. gwennym

gwennym Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2008
    Edwardsville, IL
    I'll also help out and hatch them if you decide to ship. Just let me know. I'll also split the shipping cost, if you'd like. So very sorry about your flock.

Gwen

Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
  5. 1lpoock

1lpoock Spruce Creek Waterfowl

Apr 20, 2009
    Sandusky, Ohio
    Wow...you sound prepared...i just had a hawk fly right by me today...i think it scared me more than the chickens...i hope you figure out what the predator is and give it a taste of its own medicine

6. Peeper7

Peeper7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2009
    Northeast Ohio
    so sorry for your loss.... git them murderers... [​IMG]

7. Southern Chickens

Mar 11, 2007
    NorthWest Florida
    My only concern with shipping is that the weather here is HOT!! It is in the 90's. I am not sure that they would make it that far, with the heat down here! I don't want them to get shaken up by the post office and I can't really afford to ship them, due to me spending all of my extra money on a new better coop.

8. pidgey104

pidgey104 Cochins R Us

Nov 10, 2007
    Panama City ,Florida
    I'm in florida. I'll pay for the shipping cost if you want to send to me.
    sorry about your loss. [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
  9. Southern Chickens

Mar 11, 2007
    NorthWest Florida
    I think I found a home for them, near me. I will let you know, Pidgy.

10. Sillystunt

Sillystunt Master of the Silly

Jul 11, 2008
    Winter Haven, FL
    Are you going to newberry sawp/sale tomorrow?

I can hatch them for you if you want?? I am in Polk county, fl

if you want any hatched chicks back, not a problem! Maybe to replenish your flock.
    Let me know~

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by