They get stuck in the darnest places!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Blisschick, Nov 17, 2007.

1. Blisschick

Blisschick not rusty

Feb 20, 2007
    Shepherd, Texas
    Today I got home and did my rounds before dark. I kept hearing a guinea keet crying, but couldn't find it. I finally zeroed in on a roll of fence wire laying near the garden fence. The silly thing had crawled up into the middle of the roll and gotten stuck! I had to set the roll on end and make the keet do a contortionist act to flip over and turn around to come out the end it went in. It then cruised over the pen like nothing ever happened. [​IMG]

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

It's a goonie-bird; what can you say? I miss mine alot. Gotta have more some day.

3. FLchook

FLchook Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2007
    Orlando, Florida
    Twice I have had found hens with thier heads stuck in milk crates!!! I dont know how they get them in there, much less why! Nothing like trying to cut the plastic bars away from a neck of a wiggly chook! Glad you found your little on and was able to get her out!

Shannon

4. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Those guineas sure are strange!

5. TxChiknRanchers

TxChiknRanchers Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2007
    Southeast Texas
    It then cruised over the pen like nothing ever happened.

Go figure!

They scream bloody murder, you would think they're in the mouth of a predator and when you find them and set them free, Its like " I meant to do that, and don't get so familiar!"

Randy​

6. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Speckledhen....one of my grandsons used to call them goonies when he was younger...now he just calls them those stupid birds. I think he's been listening to grandpa too much!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by