They got cabin fever....(pict. heavy)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by fishnet1971, Jan 5, 2012.

1. and ran out of the coop today when I opened the door. For three days they snobbed their beaks at the snow and stayed in. I shoveled some yard for them today and off they went! for 4 of them it was their first snow. Broody Momma Princess went BROODY NO MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! finally and came out for her first foot in the snow. She was NOT happy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Poor Elly, stuck in the snow.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Sundance would only try and hop to the grass sections. She would not touch the snow. When she did by mistake, she screamed bloody murder! I had to go pick her up an carry her.....

[​IMG]
    MayMay was NOT amused.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ChickenPeep

ChickenPeep Faith & Feathers

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    How cute!
    Thanks for sharing! [​IMG]

3. ThreeBoysChicks

ThreeBoysChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Thurmont, MD
    Very nice photos and nice looking birds.

4. HoglundH

HoglundH Chillin' With My Peeps

Where abouts are you located? Looks snowy.

5. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Gorgeous photos and narrative!
    [​IMG]

6. willowbranchfarm

willowbranchfarm Chicken Boots

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    Very pretty.

7. Quote:Northeasts Ohio right on Lake Erie. We got about 11 inches dumped on us the other night.. I hate winters.....[​IMG]

8. myfester

myfester Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 8, 2009
    Oxford, PA
    hehehehe, I know exactly how they were. Went thru it last several winters (no snow yet...shhhh). Had to shovel paths for mine too. To get from one clear area to another, they'd flap flap flap flap [​IMG] to avoid having their piggies touch that awful white stuff. Then they couldn't figure how to get BACK to the coop later in the day [​IMG] so had to pick each one up individually and carry them to the coop. [​IMG]

9. [​IMG] [​IMG] we are such suckers.....

10. [​IMG]

'oh my pooorrr tootsies are so cold!!!'

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by