They grow so fast! (pics)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by ninjapoodles, May 26, 2008.

1. ninjapoodles

ninjapoodles Sees What You Did There

May 24, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    I couldn't believe that this was staring at me yesterday:

[​IMG]

They're not quite 8 weeks old at this point...here's a progression showing how quickly it went by:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. shmooborp

shmooborp artistic fowlism

thats one handsome roo! [​IMG]

3. ninjapoodles

May 24, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    Quote:So you think this one is for sure male? I've looked at hundreds of pics of Buff Orp adults, and I'm more confused than ever. At this point, some of mine look like the one pictured, some have practically no comb/wattle, and some are squarely in-between, with smaller, paler, combs & wattles. I'm even trying to figure it out by their tail feathers, trying to see which ones droop the most. Obviously, I have NO CLUE what I'm doing! :eek:

4. FrontPorchIndiana

FrontPorchIndiana Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    Indiana
    Great pic!

5. Tsagirl

Tsagirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 9, 2007
    Eugene,OR
    Ninja, that is a roo if I ever saw one. My almost 4 month old hardly has a comb and waddle and its a hen.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

I hope that this is a good thing.

I hatched Jodys beautiful buff orph eggs and 3 babies popped out....2 roos and 1 hen! LOL!
    Yes I kept the hen! [​IMG]

6. ninjapoodles

May 24, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    It's OK with me! We have 25, and we'll keep a rooster or two, but the rest of the boys, as well as some of the pullets, will be, erm...kung-pao'd or dumplin'd! [​IMG]

7. Ericasl

Ericasl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2008
    The Dalles OR
    Your first picture scared me I jumped that big roo lookin right at me. I have 14 buff orps that should hatch June 3. Your pictures make me so excited. He is a very handsome guy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by